[comp.sys.apple] Speed contest for gs?

neilh@pro-sol.cts.com (Neil Haldar) (10/26/89)

        Whatever came about of the accelerator contest that was on here about
1-2 weeks ago? Is it still on? Is there any information I can get about it?
And how about somewhere I can get a 10Mhz W65c816?
                                -Neil

rnf@shumv1.uucp (Rick Fincher) (10/26/89)

In article <12748.apple.net@pro-sol> neilh@pro-sol.cts.com (Neil Haldar) writes:

>        Whatever came about of the accelerator contest that was on here about
>1-2 weeks ago? Is it still on? Is there any information I can get about it?
>And how about somewhere I can get a 10Mhz W65c816?
>                                -Neil

I called the Western Design Center to get a 10 or 12 mhz processor for the
TransWarp GS, that was 2 or 3 weeks ago.  They took my name and number and
told me that Bill Mensch had hired a consultant to run a contest to see who
could get the fastest Transwarp GS.  The consultant called me back the same
day and got my address and said more info would be sent.  That's the last I
have heard from them.  I don't know what the status is on the contest but
WDC told me that they did have sample quantities of 10 and 12 mhz 65816's.

Rick Fincher