[comp.sys.apple] Apple folks on the net

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (10/27/89)

In article <113300127@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>[...] I'm not sure exactly what powers Dave Lyons and
>Matt Deatherage have on this issue, but two people in a corporation as large
>as Apple who have to deal with vague "this is bad" comments is not my idea
>of a good form of user feedback.

Note that Matt and I work for Developer Technical Support and are here on
our own time (folks from other departments are in the same boat).

We have the "power" to forward items of interest around the company, including
upwards in the hierarchy.  (Of course, we can't *force* anybody read them,
though.)

Keep in mind that since being here is not part of our jobs, we don't *have*
to listen to "this is bad" comments.  I'm here mainly to help out with
technical problems & to get wind of potential bugs that need investigating,
but I *do* read the "here are 3 things I wish Apple would do differently"
type of messages.

On the other hand, I tend to ignore the "here are six billion reasons I'm
telling all my friends to chop their Apples into little pieces and go buy
I*Ms" sort of messages.
--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.