[comp.sys.apple] GS menu bar clocks

hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Jeff Hartkopf) (10/27/89)

Is anyone aware of a good menu bar clock in the form of a permanent
initialization file?  I've seen 2 clocks:  one in CarpetBag that was posted
to comp.binaries.apple2 recently but loads an NDA besides the clock, and
one called (I think) MenuTime.HMS (with MenuTime.HM) which is, unfortunately,
in the form of an NDA.  If anyone knows of or has what I'm looking for,
please let me know.  Thanks.

Jeff Hartkopf

Internet:
hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (10/28/89)

In article <13232@boulder.Colorado.EDU> hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Jeff Hartkopf) writes:

> Is anyone aware of a good menu bar clock in the form of a permanent
> initialization file?  I've seen 2 clocks:  one in CarpetBag that was posted
> to comp.binaries.apple2 recently but loads an NDA besides the clock, and
> one called (I think) MenuTime.HMS (with MenuTime.HM) which is, unfortunately,
> in the form of an NDA.  If anyone knows of or has what I'm looking for,
> please let me know.  Thanks.

StyleWare had a menu clock STR in the DeskWorks package.  That has been
licensed to Beagle Bros. who I believe are in the process of remarketing it
under a different name (I seem to recall some trademark difficulties with
DeskWorks).  MenuClock seems to have some problems under System 5.0, though:
when I installed it, clicking on that portion of the menu bar did not disable
it as designed.  I don't have any idea offhand why... MenuClock installs a
heartbeat task that does a Button(0) to determine if the mouse-button is down
then a GetMouse to determine its location.  Since I don't have source, I can't
speculate further.

Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.