[comp.sys.apple] feed your computer today.

cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) (10/30/89)

comp.sys.apple's own beh@bu-pub.bu.edu (Bruce E. Howells) writes:

>In the past 3 days, I've seen 2 of my working 3.5" disks suddenly start
>telling me "UNABLE TO LOAD PRODOS".  Considering that I haven't had any
>other problems with 3.5 disks, this is VERY distresssing...  (Yes, it's the
>same drive they were written on, and the drive hasn't sustained any
>trauma.)  All other files on the disks are ok, directory ok - they just
>won't boot.

[...]
>Is there something going on that I'm missing?  Is my machine
>underfed/overworked?  Anyone?
  ^^^^^^^
No, I'd say you just fed it.  Seems to me that 3.5" disks have a
higher failure rate than 5.25", but then again, my disk mobile isn't
that big... (got tired of finding nails to hang 'em on.)

>Bruce Howells, beh@bu-pub.bu.edu  |  engnbsu@buacca  (BITNet)

Chan Wilson
cwilson@nisc.sri.com -or- cwilson@nic.ddn.mil
"Look, the SparcStation comes with 8 megs of memory, and the GS can
use that much.... Hmmm..."