[comp.sys.apple] IBM -> Apple IIgs hard drive HELP

dkl@pro-europa.cts.com (David Leikam) (11/11/89)

  Oh, yes, the Megaboard exists.

  Unfortunately, it is a piece of junk. I know. I used to have one.

  It crapped out on me after 18 months. The responsible company couldn't fix
it, couldn't tell me what was wrong with it, wouldn't return my phone calls to
try to find out what happened, and apparently shipped it to my old address,
despite haveing the current address on all my correspondence with them.

 It's now November, and I still don't have my card back. I sent it to 'em in
May.

  Their offer on the damaged card was to give me $30 off the price of a new
one.  Warranty? 6 months.

  If anyone wants to buy one of these things, how about sending the money to
me instead? It'll be wasted either way, but I'll be a lot more appreciative of
you than Perlin/DMA/whatever they're calling themselves after their brush with
bankruptcy these days, will.

  Physically, the card is badly constructed,and the cable supplied with it is
damn dangerous. Too large to fit through the slot comfortably, it will abrade
away, and short against the case - enough so to damage a power supply. (Near
miss on this one. I had a replacement cable built.)

  My opinion from all of this, is that DMA has rewritten the book on
incompetence and nonsupport. Anyone who does business with 'em is a fool.
----
UUCP: {nosc, uunet!cacilj, sdcsvax, hplabs!hp-sdd, sun.com}
                        ...!crash!pro-europa!dkl
ARPA: crash!pro-europa!dkl@nosc.mil
INET: dkl@pro-europa.cts.com - BITNET: pro-europa.uucp!dkl@psuvax1