[comp.sys.apple] ZIP'ped files

ftai@pro-generic.cts.com (Francis Tai) (11/09/89)

    There had been one such program released to the public to my knowledge
*BUT* it's only for the IIgs, Fortunately when the author packaged the whole
thing together, he had included the source codes along with it. The Author I
believe is Samuel H. Smith perhaps if you contact him he could probably help
him. He has included a BBS where to contact him (He's the sysop there!)

  The BBS Is "The Tool Shop BBS"  (602) 264-3969 (USR HST 9600)
                                  (602) 279-2678 (HAYES 9600)

    Maybe Samuel can help you of finding what you're achieving...

Francis

martyp@pnet02.gryphon.com (Martin Peckham) (11/11/89)

The source for UNZIP and the port of it to the GS can be found on Online
America. Having done the port to the GS, I can confidently say that it would
be a tremendously difficult task to port it the ProDOS 8 only because of the
HUGE amount of memory required for the table that are used to UNZIP files.

marty

AMERICA ONLINE: martyp6
UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!martyp
INET: martyp@pnet02.gryphon.com