[comp.sys.apple] Core Wars

rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca (Ryan Lanctot) (03/07/89)

>Funny you should mention the Core Wars Society. I have their address..

Scientific American published the Redcode controller in one of their issues
, if you're really desperate for core wars.......

Ryan Lanctot
<rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca>

dtroup@carroll1.UUCP (Dave Troup) (03/08/89)

In article <128*rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca> rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca (Ryan Lanctot) writes:
>Scientific American published the Redcode controller in one of their issues
>, if you're really desperate for core wars.......
>
><rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca>

	Does anyone have any sort of program like Core Wars for the Apple or
	286's? We've written a type of Robot War (with LIMITED battlecode), and
	it's not to slow on my GS, in fact, for such a short program, it
	performs rather well. Also, anyone have LIFE for the GS (any II series
	will do of course). Im looking to write LIFE in TML Pascal, but my
	classes limit my programming time...

	Also, does anyone do any sort of automata on the GS? Id be interested
	to hear from you. Also if you work on Macs for that sorf of stuph, that
	would be fine as well.

	Thanx...

labc-3dc@web-2e.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (03/08/89)

In article <128*rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca> rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca (Ryan Lanctot) writes:
>Scientific American published the Redcode controller in one of their issues
>, if you're really desperate for core wars.......

I believe it showed up on alt.sources not too long ago...

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
labc-3dc@widow.berkeley.edu

rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca (Ryan Lanctot) (04/01/89)

Could someone send me a copy of REDCODE for Either the IBM or the VAX?
Much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Ryan Lanctot
<rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca>

nelson@pro-europa.cts.com (Nelson Minar) (05/17/89)

Does anyone know of a version of Core Wars (MARS) that will run on a //e type
system? I'm assuming anything out there is shareware. Really, I'm looking for
source code but I'm interested in seeing anything.

I've written my own version in Pascal, but lack a pascal compiler for the
Apple... I also have a miserable semiversion in 6502 I wrote, but I decided
that before I cleaned it up I would ask around and see what people out there
had..

nelson@pro-europa.cts.com                                  cogito ergo non sum
...!crash!pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-europa!nelson

) (05/19/89)

Network Comment: to #3616 by pnet01!crash!pro-europa.cts.com!nelson

I have the source code which I reworked quite a bit, but it's not for Apple //
series. If you don't mind Turbo C 2.0 for the IBM source code, then I can send
it to you.

By the way, I'f be rather interested in that Pascal source you wrote and the
6502 assembly you wrote in exchange. I'm a Corewars fanatic myself... 8^)

Jason Hughes
+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
| panther@pro-lep                    |   "Either the goddam bit is there,   |
|      Don't Drink and Purr.         |     or it's not there!"              |
+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+

DEKINDER@BANUIA51.BITNET (Jan De Kinder) (07/18/89)

I wondered whether anybody else has already tried to install the corewars packag
   e,
as it is available from the listserv at utarlvm1.
I keep getting errors when compiling the source of it (after binscii and shrinki
   t).
The errors originate from the fact that some lines are probably missing in the o
   riginal text.
(An if then else in the procedure DOCJMP -  i think it is this one - is suddenly
    broken
of...). Since I don't want to run through the whole program, i would like to ask
whether
        1. somebody else has already noticed this
        2. has this bug been fixed by someone ?

Thanks.

Jan

You can reach me at DEKINDER@BANUIA51 (BITNET) or at DEKINDER@PHS.UIA.AC.BE (UUC
   P).

dtroup@carroll1.UUCP (David C. Troup - Skunk Works : 2600hz) (11/11/89)

	Im looking for Core Wars programmed for a PC Compatible -or- (if it
	exsists) for the Apple IIgs.

	Thank-you.

--
"We got computers, we're tapping phone lines, knowin' that ain't allowed"__         _______  _______________    |David C. Troup / Surf Rat