[comp.sys.apple] Not enough discussion on call for discussion

UNESTJ@UNCVX1.BITNET (Tamara) (11/12/89)

> In article <8911091858.aa21347@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> UNESTJ@UNCVX1.BITNET (Tamara)
>  writes:
> > I am not in favor of this idea either.
>
>       Not to sound scarcastic, but could you please explain why?  The
> --
> +--------------+-------------------------+
> | Cary Farrier | farrier@apple.com       |

I didn't think you sounded a bit sarcastic.

First, I'll explain why I was brief. I have to wade through hundreds of mail
messages everyday (surely you all can empathize with this). I thought I would
spare others repetitious verbosity. That is, I elected to be
brief; only to state my vote not why I voted that way. But if you insist...
<please keep in mind that it is very late/early>

Only way to get this netnews is via my mailbox.  Using the subject headers I
can pretty well decide what I want and don't want to read.  I would prefer to
be the censor of what I read, not someone else deciding which slot my mail
should go in. Also I'd have to worry about keeping track of another group,
it's particular address and unsubscribe syntax--perhaps this is petty but it
is another reason.

Besides, variety is the spice of life. (so it's a cliche sorry)
I don't read this newsgroup for only one purpose, and I think there's
alot of other people who feel the same way. I think it's the people who
are vocal that get heard not necessarily the people who are right.

and that's the truth :-)  No implications intended

                                               Time : 12-NOV-1989 02:41:24.46
--------
"Keep On Rocking in a Free World"
                                   UNESTJ@uncvx1.bitnet