[comp.sys.apple] system disk 5.0

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (07/27/89)

a) Has it shown up at any dealers anywhere?  Mine here in Minneapolis
hasn't seen it yet and hasn't been promised a date by Apple.

b) I don't remember if anyone conclusively said whether it was worth
paying the $40 or so for the manuals or whether it made more sense to
convince the dealer merely to upgrade your existing copy.  Except for
the instructions on how to use the new utilities, I certainly didn't see
any reason to buy the manuals on the previous release.

TMPLee@Dockmaster.ncsc.mil

girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu (11/12/89)

i'm having problems with the installer program. the program loads in
when i double-click on its icon, but bombs before i can do anything.
(the brkcursor init file displays an "X".)

from multiscribe gs 3.0, if i switch disks and then try to open a file
the system hangs. (it works just fine if i try to open the file and
then switch disks.)

i have

	- GS rom 01
	- 1.25 meg (apple memory card)
	- two 3.5" drives

anthony girardin

In article <13131@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu () writes:

>i'm having problems with the installer program. the program loads in
>when i double-click on its icon, but bombs before i can do anything.
>(the brkcursor init file displays an "X".)
>
>anthony girardin

The 5.0 Installer (to be picky, Installer 1.1) *requires* System Software 5.0.
It sounds to me like the disk you're booting from doesn't have 5.0 properly
installed on it.  Try getting a new copy of the System Disk from your dealer
(or redownloading it, or whatever).  Boot that disk then try to run the
Installer.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
Amer. Online: Matt DTS                | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
ThisNet: mattd@apple.com              | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
ThatNet: (stuff)!ames!apple!mattd     | have any opinion on any subject."
Other mail by request only, please.   | "So there."