[comp.sys.apple] links from Internet accounts to GEnie or America Online

lisag@bucket.UUCP (Lisa Gronke) (11/13/89)

In article <13620@boulder.Colorado.EDU> hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Jeff Hartkopf) writes:
>I know of the way to send/receive mail to/from Compuserve from an Internet
>account; however, is there a way to do the same for GEnie and America
>Online?

No.

Currently, the best newsgroup for your kind of question is comp.mail.misc.

Also, there are at least two recently published books on the subject of
how to get from user x on Network A to user y on Network B. They are:

Donnalyn Frey and Rick Adams, !%@:: A Directory of Electronic Mail
Addressing & Networks, O'Reilly & Associates (NutShell Handbook), 1989.
I believe the suggested retail price is $26.95, but my bookseller
whined at the publisher because it had been advertised at $19.95. So
he got them to reduce the price of his first order and is passing that
price along to his customers while the supply lasts. The Frey and Adams
book has been out for a couple of months.

Most of the Frey and Adams books is a directory of Networks, with two
pages for each. Each entry includes a brief descripiton, addressing,
architecture, future plans, facilities, a contact address and a map
with gateway sites noted. A good format and a wonderful place to add
notes as you find out about new gateways. Regular new editions are
planned.

John S. Quarterman, The Matrix: Computer Networks and Conferencing
Systems Worldwide, Digital Press, 1990, just arrived at my booksellers
shop last week. The suggested retail price is $50. At 700 pages, it
goes into a lot more detail about the existing networks, with references,
etc.