[comp.sys.apple] School Computers

mmavromatis@pro-europa.cts.com (Mark Mavromatis) (10/18/89)

Our school got into that Appletree "Apples for Schools" program and here's the
deal that we get......

If we raise $110,000 in Appletree receipts, we get (drumroll please.......) a
IIc+ system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wow, talk about new technology there!)

I wish that our school could convert to NEW technology like the IIGS.

UUCP: crash!pro-europa!mmavromatis
ARPA: crash!pro-europa!mmavromatis@nosc.mil
INET: mmavromatis@pro-europa.cts.com

abc@BRL.MIL (Brinton Cooper) (10/19/89)

Mark Mavromatis writes:

> Our school got into that Appletree "Apples for Schools" program and here's the
> deal that we get......
>
> If we raise $110,000 in Appletree receipts, we get (drumroll please.......) a
> IIc+ system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wow, talk about new technology there!)
>
> I wish that our school could convert to NEW technology like the IIGS.

What is an "Appletree" receipt?  In Maryland, we collect cash register
receipts from the "Giant" food store; Giant is an East Coast supermarket
chain.  If we raise about $165K (working from memory, here), we can get
a IIGS.  Think about it:

	100 families at $200 per week = $20,000.

	At that rate, one new IIGS every 8.5 weeks.

	The program runs for 6 months (26 weeks) here.  That's three new
systems!

	And this is just from 100 families, which is probably but a
fraction of the  school population.

	When you add in food bought by "families of families," teachers,
neighbors, friends, etc, the possibilities are staggering!

--------------------------

Besides, what's so wrong with getting  a IIc+ for nothing more than
$110K in cash register receipts?  Do you think that Apple should give 5
or 10 systems to every school in the  country?

Do you think that Harcourt, Brace, and Jovanovich (sp?) give away
ANYTHING to the schools?

_Brint

tomk@pro-sol.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (10/20/89)

Network Comment: to #12404 by abc@BRL.MIL

I would very much like to hear more about this "DEAL".
Would anyone who knows where to write for more information, please post the
address here AND send it to me as E-Mail.
THANKS
tomk@pro-sol
tomk@pro-grouch

prl3546@tahoma.UUCP (Philip R. Lindberg) (10/25/89)

From article <8910180641.AA13792@trout.nosc.mil>, by mmavromatis@pro-europa.cts.com (Mark Mavromatis):

> Our school got into that Appletree "Apples for Schools" program and here's the

Our school is getting into this too, (only it's with Fred Meyer).

> If we raise $110,000 in Appletree receipts, we get (drumroll please.......) a
> IIc+ system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wow, talk about new technology there!)
> I wish that our school could convert to NEW technology like the IIGS.

To get the IIGS requires $250,000 in FM receipts. *-(  But, they never said
they were going to give the computers "away for free".... B-)

Phil

|   I heard some where IBM stood for "I've Been Mugged"...  |
|  Phil Lindberg	      snail mail: 13845 S.E. 131 ST |
| UUCP: ..!uunet!bcstec!tahoma!prl3546    Renton, WA 98056  |
|    Disclaimer: I don't speak for my employer (and I not   |
|		 sure they even know I exist....)	    |

prl3546@tahoma.UUCP (Philip R. Lindberg) (11/14/89)

From article <4375.apple.net.info-apple@pro-harvest>, by scorpio@pro-harvest.cts.com (Robert Scorpio):

> Just a little comment on the 'tag line' at the end of your message.
>
>>I heard somewhere IBM stood for "I've Been Mugged"
>
> Have you thought of these for Amiga?
>         Away! Make it go Away!
> or      A Moron's Idiotic Game Apparatus
>
> All in good fun, of course  :-)

Cute!  Real Cute!  But you'd better be careful.  Rumor has it that a lot of
those Amiga's when home with Apple II users.....
(Got your flame suit on....  B-)