[comp.sys.apple] Prodos $56 error

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (11/14/89)

In article <3947960@ub.cc.umich.edu> Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:

)Anyway, I keep getting ProDOS error $56.  This is not defined in
)Michael Fischer's ][gs tech. reference book.  What does this error
)mean and how can it be gotten around.  I disable my ProDOS 8 write
)protect CDA, but I can't save any files (including the buffer) to
)disk.  Dave Whitney, what do you think?
)

>    Todd A. Bakal                              I believe in the Cubs,
>    U of M Apple User's Group                  Bo's national championship
>    Ann Arbor, Michigan                        chances, and my Apple ][gs.

From the information I have at hand, it appears that $56 error is
a "bad buffer address" error.. I must say I have never seen that one pop
up before, and honestly hope I never do..

Hope that at least explains the error.. Now to figure out what the cause
of it is..

--
    bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL: BSHERMAN