[comp.sys.apple] Mac Keyboards on a IIgs

roberth@microsoft.UUCP (Robert Hess) (11/10/89)

Since the AppleIIgs can use the Macintosh ADB keyboards...

Has anybody written any INIT programs that will provide functionality to
the function keys, similar to what can be done on the Macintosh?

Thanks
-Robert
     #####   ####### |	  Robert B. Hess, Microsoft Corp., Redmond, WA
    ######  #######  |-----------------------------------------------------
   ####### #######   |	roberth@microsof.uu.net
  #### ##### ####    |	{decvax, uunet, uw-beaver}!microsof!roberth
 ####  ###  ####     |_____________________________________________________
   "...my opinions are strictly my own, and not those of my employer..."

edward@pro-harvest.cts.com (Edward Floden) (11/15/89)

> Since the AppleIIgs can use the Macintosh ADB keyboards...

> Has anybody written any INIT programs that will provide functionality to
> the function keys, similar to what can be done on the Macintosh?

MacroMate, by Roger Wagner Publishing, is a keyboard macro program that can
recognize the function keys for macro commands. However, you are required to
also press a modifier key (Apple, Option, Control) in conjunction with the
function key: single-key f-key presses cannot be recognized. I'm hoping that
RWP can find a way around this lack of functionality (pun intended).

:Edward

UUCP: crash!pro-harvest!edward                  ProLine: edward@pro-harvest
ARPA: crash!pro-harvest!edward@nosc.mil      CIS: 73220.1624@compuserve.com
INET: edward@pro-harvest.cts.com                   America Online: EdwardF4