[comp.sys.apple] Hyperstudio question

bird@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (j.l.walters) (11/09/89)

From article <1036@mountn.dec.com>, by shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara):

> HyperStudio comes with a digitizer, it seems to me that it would
> plug  were other digitizers and stereo cards plug into.  Since I
> have a stereo card, a supersonic, does that mean I have to plug
> and unplug these cables to get access to both the digitizer and
> the stereo card speakers)?

No, the sound card plugs into the Hyperstudio digitizer and the
digitizer plugs into the motherboard. The result works fine.
--
				Joe Walters att!ihlpf!bird
				IHP 1F-240 (312) 713-5356

rnf@shumv1.uucp (Rick Fincher) (11/09/89)

In article <1036@mountn.dec.com> shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) writes:

>that mean I have to plug and unplug these cables to get access to both the
>digitizer and the stereo card (which is already tied to amplified
>speakers)?

No, The HyperStudio sound card has a plug on it that lets you daisy chain
other sound cards.

Rick

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (11/09/89)

In article <1036@mountn.dec.com> shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) writes:
>I'm considering picking up Hyperstudio but need a question answered first.
>Since the package come with a digitizer, it seems to me that it would plug
>into the 6 or 7 pin connector inside the IIgs where other digitizers and
>stereo cards plug into.

Nope; it doesn't use a slot.  It taps into the Ensoniq-specific molded
tan (4-pin?) connector and is powered by the 2-pin molded tan internal-fan
connector.  It is typically mounted on the back outlet plate.  One nice
thing is that the card does not block the two connectors from further use,
but rather provides extension outlets for them.

>Since I have a stereo card, a supersonic, does that mean I have to plug
>and unplug these cables to get access to both the digitizer and the stereo
>card (which is already tied to amplified speakers)?

No; I have both connected at the same time.  You can even have the
SuperSonic digitizer hooked up at the same time.

prl3546@tahoma.UUCP (Philip R. Lindberg) (11/15/89)

From article <1036@mountn.dec.com>, by shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara):
> I'm considering picking up Hyperstudio but need a question answered first.
> Since the package come with a digitizer, it seems to me that it would plug
> into the 6 or 7 pin connector inside the IIgs where other digitizers and
> stereo cards plug into.  Since I have a stereo card, a supersonic, does
> that mean I have to plug and unplug these cables to get access to both the
> digitizer and the stereo card (which is already tied to amplified
> speakers)?
>
> Thanks...Chris

No.  The digitizer plugs into the connector and what ever else you have
plugs into the digitizer card.  I have HS, but no other sound cards.
However, a guy in our user group has both.  If you want to know more about
the effects of that connection, just yell.

Phil

| Grampa says when he was a kid they did math with a trig. book|
| Phil Lindberg	      		 snail mail: 13845 S.E. 131 ST |
| UUCP: ..!uunet!bcstec!tahoma!prl3546    Renton, WA 98056     |
|    Disclaimer: I don't speak for my employer (and I not      |
|		 sure they even know I exist....)	       |