[comp.sys.apple] Dungeon master

SELLSWORTH@HMCVAX.BITNET ("Scott, part time fuzzy") (04/13/89)

  Hiya folks.  I have three related questions:

  1.  Has anyone ever seen a way to install a startup file into the machine
after the boot process?  I have several decent games etc.  that use various
custom startup files.  When the machine goes on, I have already gone through
the GS/OS boot process, and I would really like to avoid having to run through
it again from a floppy. Also, where is the structure of an str file documented?
The GS/OS manuals perhaps?

  2.  Does anyone know a good way to move Dungeon Master to a hard drive?
Related to the first question.  I suppose  I could wait until some pirate
somewhere cracks the little monster, but that is aestheticly (sp?) displeasing.

  3.  Has anyone seen a hint book, or played enough of Dungeon Master to send a
few clues my way?  (I am getting rather desperate...)

                                                    Scott
                                                SELLSWORTH@HMCVAX
                                                sellswor@jarthur.claremont.edu

V2071A@TEMPLEVM.BITNET ("George A. Piotrowski") (04/13/89)

Scott,
      I have come across the maps to Dungeon Master in shr files.
There are about 14-16 of them.  They have been very helpful in getting
around without wasting too much time.  I have spent many hours
on the game and can't imagine the time I would have spent on it without
them.  I also have the spells chart in shr files too.  A lot of these
files are landing up on Genie.  If you want them and I can figure out
how to send the files correctly (I am fairly new to Bitnet),
I will be more then happy to send them.

                          George A. Piotrowski

Bitnet:      V2071A@TempleVM
Genie:       G.PIOTROWSKI
Compuserve:  74046,1304

V2071A@TEMPLEVM.BITNET ("George A. Piotrowski") (04/22/89)

Two Questions.

1. To all, what is comp.binaries.apple2, and how do I access it.  I
have those Dungeon Master Maps ready and I have been reluctant to
send them anywhere until I can send them to one source.

2.  I will have to look through my disks to see where the files are
for deproctecting many gs games.  I am attending the Trenton State
College Computer this weekend, so I may not have much time to look.

I appreciate any help possible.  I also have the standing question
about what Internet & UUCP are and how to access them from Bitnet.

                        Thanks!

>1. To all, what is comp.binaries.apple2, and how do I access it.  I
>have those Dungeon Master Maps ready and I have been reluctant to
>send them anywhere until I can send them to one source.

Only a few VM systems on BITNET carry USENET News.  You can ask your
system people about it, but if they're anything like the folks here, don't
hold your breath.

Everything sent to APPLE2-L@BROWNVM will get forwarded to comp.binaries.apple2.
and to the 'ftp' sites.  You will find you're better off that way anyhow
because comp.binaries.apple2 is a distribution list NOT an archive (in a
couple of months folks will begin bugging you again and again cause they
didn't get the copy when it went by the first time).

>I appreciate any help possible.  I also have the standing question
>about what Internet & UUCP are and how to access them from Bitnet.

Try the following

TELL NETSERV AT BITNIC GET BITNET USERHELP
TELL NETSERV AT BITNIC GET BITNET SERVERS
TELL LISTSERV AT BITNIC INFO REF
TELL LISTSERV AT BITNIC INFO GEN
TELL LISTSERV AT BITNIC LIST GLOBAL

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

TSEMM@ALASKA.BITNET (Ed 'Apple Guru' Moore) (11/12/89)

Does anyone have maps and any other extra materials to help play dungeon
master, like a list of spell?  I have an Apple IIGS computer if you send
me graphics files....   -    Ed Moore

scorpio@pro-harvest.cts.com (Robert Scorpio) (11/14/89)

Yep, I've got a bunch of GS SHR pics.. one for each level and a few that list
spells etc.  If you want them, please send me e-mail. (scorpio@pro-harvest)
and I'll do what I can to help ya out.

TSEMM@ALASKA.BITNET (Ed 'Apple Guru' Moore) (11/15/89)

Sorry to send this to the entire list, but my mailer dosen't like the
dash in scorpi@pro-harvest.  I would be interested in the spells, I already
have maps.....could you send me personal mail....?