[comp.sys.apple] Apple IIGS Hebrew Font

max@lgc.UUCP (Max Heffler @ Landmark Graphics) (10/23/89)

Does anyone know of a good source for Apple IIGS Hebrew Font(s).  I
remember seeing ads in Call A.P.P.L.E. and several other magazines a few
yaers ago, but since I gave away my old magazines, I can find no information
on ordering these fonts and my wife currently could use these fonts.
Thanx in advance...
--
Max Heffler                     uucp: ..!uunet!lgc!max
Landmark Graphics Corp.         phone: (713) 579-4751

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (10/24/89)

 I just noticed a phone number for Davka:  800 621 8227.  They're based
in Chicago.

Alan H. Stein              | stein@uconnvm.bitnet
Department of Mathematics  | stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
University of Connecticut  | ...psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
32 Hillside Avenue         |
Waterbury, CT 06710        | Compu$erve  71545,1500
(203) 757-1231             | GEnie       ah.stein

MAR21AA@TECHNION.BITNET (Uri Srebro) (10/25/89)

The 15 Israely IIgs  users have found/created some GS hebrew fonts. There is a
fount called Rehovot found on several online services (at least <{GEnie and Com
pUServ) which is hebrew. Another one found on this service is named Hebrew, but
 it has many errors. One font was created by a user here, but I guess it's not
public-domain. Many other Hebrew fonts created for the Mac can easly be convert
ed to the GS. Another source is Davka corp. (look at old A+ for the adress.
If still interested, contact me by e-mail.

                Nathan Srebro   | (Uri Srebro             )
                Haifa, Israel   | (Technion, Haifa, Israel)

       MAR21AA @ Technion.BITNET

vic@pro-abilink.cts.com (Vic Shrock) (11/07/89)

Try GS05 from the Big Red Computer Club, 423 Norfolk Ave, Norfolk, NE 68701,
phone 402-379-4680.  They have a font called Hebrew.18. If this isn't the
correct size, or if you want to change it some, you can modify it with one of
the font utilities such as GS Font Editor by Beagle Bros or Fontasm in the
Shareware domain.

Good luck with it.

Vic

MAR21AA@TECHNION.TECHNION.AC.IL (Uri Srebro) (11/13/89)

      The Font HEBREW.18, at least the one I saw of the same name, is not a pro
per Hebrew font. The only proper hebrew font circulaiting in the US is the Reho
vot font (sizes 10,12,20,24). Write to me if you want it.

            Nathan Srebro
            Haifa, Israel

 MAR21AA @ Technion.BITNET

P.S. I think the Rehovot font can be found on GEnie, but don't take my word for
 it !!!

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (11/13/89)

  I'd like it.  Can you email it?  What about posting it to Apple2-L?

Alan H. Stein              | stein@uconnvm.bitnet
Department of Mathematics  | stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
University of Connecticut  | ...psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
32 Hillside Avenue         |
Waterbury, CT 06710        | Compu$erve  71545,1500
(203) 757-1231             | GEnie       ah.stein

MAR21AA@TECHNION.BITNET (Uri Srebro) (11/14/89)

     Due to several requests, the Rehovot font, as well as a macro file for Sty
leWare's Keymac NDA that lets you type right-to-left, are on there wayto APPLE2
-L.
     I hope I can send another Hebrew font in a few days

          Nathan Srebro
          Haifa, Israel

MAR21AA@TECHNMON.BITNET (Uri Srebro) (11/16/89)

References> <STEIN%UCONNVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>