[comp.sys.apple] New Newsgroup

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (11/09/89)

In article <5085@internal.Apple.COM> farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) writes:
[slice]
>                                                    those with technical
>questions such as programming/hardware issues and such can read
>and post to comp.sys.apple.tech.

What say we make it "comp.sys.apple2.tech"?  Would keep the number of Mac
users to a minimum...  Might cause some confusion vs comp.sys.apple, but
I'm not sure how the net.gods would feel about that.

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
...!ucbvax!cory!fadden

ALBRO@NIEHS.BITNET (11/17/89)

One thing I don't understand; if the problem with this newsgroup is that people
post essays on Apple marketing and trivial questions, things that are not
consistant with the theme of the newsgroup, how is making another newsgroup
with a different name going to keep them from doing the same thing there?

- Phil Albro -

farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) (11/17/89)

In article <8911161748.aa10578@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> ALBRO@NIEHS.BITNET writes:
>One thing I don't understand; if the problem with this newsgroup is that people
>post essays on Apple marketing and trivial questions, things that are not
>consistant with the theme of the newsgroup, how is making another newsgroup
>with a different name going to keep them from doing the same thing there?

	The only "theme" of comp.sys.apple is that the articles should
relate to the Apple II product line.  The creation of comp.sys.apple2.tech
would create a newsgroup whose theme is apple II technical information,
and comp.sys.apple would be for apple II general information.

>- Phil Albro -

Cary Farrier

--
| #include "All.Standard.Disclaimers"|