[comp.sys.apple] servers for apple?

landry@enginr.dec.com (11/15/89)

Hi,

I'm asking this question for a friend without net access - -
Is there an archive server somewhere for PD Apple SW, particularly IIgs?
In the Atari ST world there are a couple os servers with literaly
hundreds of programs available via mail.  We're looking to see if
something similar exists in the Apple realm.

Please send mail as I'm not a regular reader of this group.

thanks
chris

landry@enginr.dec.com (11/16/89)

After I posted the article below asking for mail, I disovered that, for some
unknown reason, I can't receive mail on this node.  (It used to work.)
Please, if you have an answer for me, reply here or try  landry@levers.dec.com

thanks
chris

In article <6127@shlump.nac.dec.com>, landry@enginr.dec.com writes...
"
"Hi,
"
"I'm asking this question for a friend without net access - -
"Is there an archive server somewhere for PD Apple SW, particularly IIgs?
"In the Atari ST world there are a couple os servers with literaly
"hundreds of programs available via mail.  We're looking to see if
"something similar exists in the Apple realm.
"
"Please send mail as I'm not a regular reader of this group.
"
"thanks
"chris
"

jamesio@pro-houston.cts.com (James Faircloth) (11/18/89)

To whom it may concern,

I have been trying to get a list of servers and files that are available.  Can
someone please send me the listings?  Also, can somebody send me the same list
or lists for an Atari ST.

Thanks

UUCP     : crash!pro-houston!jamesio          | US Mail :
ARPA     : crash!pro-houston!jamesio@nosc.mil |
INET     : jamesio@pro-houston.cts.com        | James Faircloth
ProLine  : pro-houston!jamesio                | 22715 Imperial Valley, #2213
WWIVNet  : #19 @ 7352                         | Houston, TX  77073
ALink PE : JamesIO                            | Home: 713/821-2010