[comp.sys.apple] NO SHUTDOWN

wmapple@BRL.MIL (Info-Apple-Request) (11/17/89)

Folks,

	Thanks to Cary Farrier and Erik Fair, Info-Apple will not be
shutdown and will continue to operate as in the past, with one important
exception.  The list has moved to apple.com.  To send mail to
info-apple, you should now post it to:

		info-apple@apple.com

	You should send requests for subscription service to

		info-apple-request@apple.com.

	Other than these, you should notice no change in your Info-Apple
subscription.  In order to ease the burden of transition, BRL.MIL will
provide forwarding for these two mailboxes for about a month.  Please,
however, while you are thinking about it, make whatever changes you must
in order to effect the cutover.

	I will, of course, keep in touch with you folks by Usenet.  (To
be sure all the kinks are worked out, I will receive Info-Apple by
e-mail for a few more weeks.)  It has been my personal pleasure to have
met so many of you over the years and to have made some fine friends
upon whom I have never really laid eyes.  Stay in touch, and I shall do
the same.

Cheers,

	_Brint Cooper

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (11/17/89)

Once again it is Apple to the rescue of their Apple ][ users.

Just another way of showing their continued support to the folks that have
supported Apple...

THANKS   CARY !!!         THANKS ERIK !!!!!     THANKS APPLE !!!!!!!

--
    bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL: BSHERMAN

KMILES@CC.USU.EDU ("Kurt Miles, VAX Consultant") (11/18/89)

>Once again it is Apple to the rescue of their Apple ][ users.

>Just another way of showing their continued support to the folks that have
>supported Apple...

>THANKS   CARY !!!         THANKS ERIK !!!!!     THANKS APPLE !!!!!!!

I second the emotion.  Thank you for jumping in and helping.

Kurt

KMILES@cc.usu.edu (internet)
KIMILES@USU  (bitnet)

On Thu, 16 Nov 89 14:12:43 EST Brint Cooper said:
>you should now post to:
>
>        info-apple@apple.com
>
>   You should send requests for subscription service to
>
>        info-apple-request@apple.com.

Personally, I would like to extend thanks and appreciation to Brint Cooper
who has looked after info-apple from its inception and put up with no small
amount of grief and occasional late hours keeping the list going.  Through
no fault of his, this is one of the most verbose lists in Christendom so
when things go wrong (such as infinte mail loops) the problems are VAST.

Brint also was kind enough to expend time and energy making sure that those
of us without access to USENET (a pretty small fraction of the total
readership really) would continue to have access to the list.  Since I've
been copied on most of the mail which led to the happy (and entirely logical)
solution to make Apple itself the 'source' of info :-) I have first hand
knowldege that the move didn't happen by chance.

I think the list carries quite enough <ahem> 'nontechnical' mail as it is,
and I suspect Brint doesn't need to hear from EVERYONE individually (might
be fun to receive more than 1,000 messages in one day what ;-), but I
believe our debt to him needs to be acknowledged just this once.

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (11/18/89)

In article <8911161412.aa04881@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, wmapple@BRL.MIL (Info-Apple-Request) writes:

> 	Thanks to Cary Farrier and Erik Fair, Info-Apple will not be
> shutdown and will continue to operate as in the past, with one important
> exception.  The list has moved to apple.com.

Alright!  This is probably one of the most positive steps I've seen Apple
take in a while.  Direct support of the info-apple gateway is a really
cool gesture on apple's behalf.  Good job Cary and Erik!  :-)

andy

--
Andy Nicholas             GEnie, AM-Online: shrinkit
Box 435, Moravian College       CompuServe: 70771,2615

UNESTJ@UNCVX1.BITNET (Tamara) (11/18/89)

> THANKS   CARY !!!         THANKS ERIK !!!!!     THANKS APPLE !!!!!!!
   ditto                         ditto                 ditto

--------
"Keep On Rocking in a Free World"
                                   UNESTJ@uncvx1.bitnet
<Tamara>