[comp.sys.apple] uucp

jb@pro-tcc.UUCP (Joel Bressman) (10/03/89)

i am looking for a version of uucp that will run on the apple][e under the 'C'
shell forr proline can anyone help me!!
   | Proline:JB@Pro-Tcc                                               |
   |__________________________________________________________________|

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (11/17/89)

I think I've seen this question before, but certainly haven't seen an
answer.  Has anyone implemented uucp under ProDos?

lee@tis.com

cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) (11/19/89)

In article <891117061432.476017@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL writes:
>I think I've seen this question before, but certainly haven't seen an
>answer.  Has anyone implemented uucp under ProDos?
>
>lee@tis.com

Hmm.. Interesting, this falls in the same basket my question falls into:

Has anyone implemented FTP under ProDos (GS/OS)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are just protocols of file format,
yes?  Now that I've got some free time (*you* try doing two theatre
shows @ once & try to work on top of that :) I'm going to look into
this.  I'd really like to FTP stuff from archive sites DIRECTLY to my
GS, as opposed to FTP to the Unix, then sz'ing it down...

Also, what's the interest level in a version of Unix for the GS?  I
mean, we've got enough power to do the job... granted, it might not be
a *fast* job, but it'll do... >:->

Chan Wilson -- cwilson@nisc.sri.com <or> cwilson@nic.ddn.mil
'A computer operator at SRI International'  (X windows hacker)
"Nuts to all that X,Y,Z modem mess.  I'm gonna build me a FTP emulator."

--Chan Wilson
	     `and now for something completely different.'
	Flamingo coloured penguins and banana coloured grapes.
              cwilson@nisc.sri.com or cwilson@nic.ddn.mil

cbdougla@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Collin Broadrick Douglas) (11/20/89)

In article <9932@fs2.NISC.SRI.COM> cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) writes:
>In article <891117061432.476017@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL writes:
>>I think I've seen this question before, but certainly haven't seen an
>Has anyone implemented FTP under ProDos (GS/OS)?
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are just protocols of file format,
>yes?  Now that I've got some free time (*you* try doing two theatre
>shows @ once & try to work on top of that :) I'm going to look into
>this.  I'd really like to FTP stuff from archive sites DIRECTLY to my
>GS, as opposed to FTP to the Unix, then sz'ing it down...

I agree.

>Also, what's the interest level in a version of Unix for the GS?  I
>mean, we've got enough power to do the job... granted, it might not be
>a *fast* job, but it'll do... >:->

Well, I would definetly pay for it.  Hopefully, some bright person will port
the C source to 65816 assmebly since C on the GS lacks.  :)

>Chan Wilson -- cwilson@nisc.sri.com <or> cwilson@nic.ddn.mil
>'A computer operator at SRI International'  (X windows hacker)
>"Nuts to all that X,Y,Z modem mess.  I'm gonna build me a FTP emulator."
>
>--
>--Chan Wilson
>	     `and now for something completely different.'
>	Flamingo coloured penguins and banana coloured grapes.
>              cwilson@nisc.sri.com or cwilson@nic.ddn.mil

       Collin Douglas

       cbdougla@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu

ccastbs@prism.gatech.EDU (Shannon Bell) (11/20/89)

In article <9932@fs2.NISC.SRI.COM> cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) writes:
>Also, what's the interest level in a version of Unix for the GS?  I
>mean, we've got enough power to do the job... granted, it might not be
>a *fast* job, but it'll do... >:->
>--Chan Wilson

I'm very interested. What would be involved in making the thing work, and
how big a hard drive would I need?

Shannon Bell
PO Box 36266   Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!ccastbs
Internet: ccastbs@prism.gatech.edu

cyliao@wam.UMD.EDU (11/20/89)

Mmm.. Give the power of Unix to the GS... I can't wait to see it! yes, WE ARE
INTERESTED!!!

| "When is a revolution legal? When it   |Chun Yao Liao +++ cyliao@wam.umd.edu|
|  succeeds." -August Strindberg         |    The Oriental from Argentina!    |
|___________Don't we need a revolution on the computer technology?____________|