[comp.sys.apple] AWGS - Default Font?

shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (11/21/89)

Is there a way to set a default font for an AWGS document?  This weekend I
had occasion to use the Page Layout module and every time I created a new
text block, I had to go and re-choose the font I've been using all along.
These are non-linked text blocks (I was making lables for binders).
/chris

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@memit.enet.dec.com |
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: memit::shatara             |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!memit!shatara   |

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (11/21/89)

In article <1079@mountn.dec.com> shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) writes:

> Is there a way to set a default font for an AWGS document?  This weekend I
> had occasion to use the Page Layout module and every time I created a new
> text block, I had to go and re-choose the font I've been using all along.

Since the IIgs system does not define an application font like on the Mac,
AWGS uses its own idea of what the default should be, e.g., Geneva 12 in PL &
WP.  Unfortunately, this default is not configurable by the user, nor is it
localized to one place in the program.  If you won't be able to sleep until
you find some way to do it, here's some (unofficial, unsanctioned) patches.
Use them AT YOUR OWN RISK and on a COPY of the program.

In AWGS 1.1,
	Page Layout
	Block 49B, starting at byte 9c (in my copy), there is the sequence:

	A9 03 00	lda #3
	8D 73 1B	sta ...
	A9 00 00	lda #0
	8D 75 1B	sta ...
	A9 0C 00	lda #$C
	8D 77 1B	sta ...
	A9 10 00	lda #$10
	8D 71 1B	sta ...
	A9 01 00	lda #1
	8D 6F 1B	sta ...

	Wherein the lda #3 is the font family (e.g., use $14 for Times),
the #0 is the style (OR together 1=Bold, 2=Italic, 4=Underline, 8=Outline,
10=Shadow, 40=Superscript, 80=Subscript), #$C is the size, #$10 is the
justification (10=Left, 20=Center, 40=Right, 80=Full), #1 is the spacing
(1=single, 2=double, 4=triple).

	Word Processor isn't quite so easy:
	Block 609, byte 93

	A9 03 00	lda #3		; font family
	87 0B		sta [$B]
	A9 00 0C	lda #$0C00	; Size (high byte) style (low) as above
	A0 02 00	ldy #2
	97 0B		sta [$B],y

	AND... (similarly)
	Block 64F, byte 141

	A9 03 00
	87 07
	A9 00 0C
	A0 02 00
	97 07

In AWGS 1.0v2
	Page layout (only the storage addresses are different from 1.1)
	Block 24F, byte EC

	A9 03 00
	8D A2 1C
	A9 00 00
	8D A4 1C
	A9 0C 00
	8D A6 1C
	A9 10 00
	8D A0 1C
	A9 01 00
	8D 9E 1C

	Word Processor
	Block 4EE, byte 2

	A9 03 00
	87 01
	A9 00 0C
	A0 02 00
	97 01

	AND...
	Block 533, byte 18

	A9 03 00
	87 03
	A9 00 0C
	A0 02 00
	97 03

Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.

jazzman@claris.com (Sydney R. Polk) (11/22/89)

From article <1079@mountn.dec.com>, by shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara):
> Is there a way to set a default font for an AWGS document?  This weekend I
> had occasion to use the Page Layout module and every time I created a new
> text block, I had to go and re-choose the font I've been using all along.
> These are non-linked text blocks (I was making lables for binders).
> /chris
First click on an open are (thus insuring no selection), then select your
font, size, style, line size, color, etc.  This will be the default
when anything new is created.  If you have something selected, it will only
change that.

--
Syd Polk           | Wherever you go, there you are.
jazzman@claris.com | Let the music be your light.