[comp.sys.apple] Illuminanti

ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.COM (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (11/21/89)

But that's because everyone already knew, Matt! Expansion #4 has the Apple
Marketing card, one of the most powerful and confusing organizations
available. It is sought out to counter the IBM FUD card which is constantly in
play. Note this is for experienced players only!!!    :-)

In article <7550.infoapple.net@pro-generic> ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.COM (Eric Mcgillicuddy) writes:

>But that's because everyone already knew, Matt! Expansion #4 has the Apple
>Marketing card, one of the most powerful and confusing organizations
>available. It is sought out to counter the IBM FUD card which is constantly in
>play. Note this is for experienced players only!!!    :-)

I find it more than slightly humorous that many net people (some expressing
their thoughts through mail) have assumed that when I mentioned "Illuminati",
I meant the popular card game, and not the mythical several hundred year old
group of powerful men that has supposedly controlled the destiny of the world.

I'm sure there's a relevant social (or technical) comment to be made here,
but I can't think of it.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
Amer. Online: Matt DTS                | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
ThisNet: mattd@apple.com              | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
ThatNet: (stuff)!ames!apple!mattd     | have any opinion on any subject."
Other mail by request only, please.   | "So there."

KMILES@CC.USU.EDU ("Kurt Miles, VAX Consultant") (11/22/89)

>I find it more than slightly humorous that many net people (some expressing
>their thoughts through mail) have assumed that when I mentioned "Illuminati",
>I meant the popular card game, and not the mythical several hundred year old
>group of powerful men that has supposedly controlled the destiny of the world.

>Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
>Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that

You mean there is a card game name Illuminati?  I wonder what the Cabal think
of that?