[comp.sys.apple] Losing characters with my modem...

jdenune@ucselx.sdsu.edu (John Michael Denune) (11/19/89)

I recently picked up an Apple Modem 1200 for use with my unenhanced Apple //e.
The comm program I am using right now is "talk is cheap."  I have found that
the best terminal emulation to use with my unix system is soroc.  Anyway,
I have found that whatever emulation I use, very often the third or forth
characters are missing in the display.  What could be causing this?  Could it
be a probelm with the software?  The Modem?  The SSC?  A friend suggested
that the problem is that I have an unenhanced //e and upgrading would cure
the problem, but I don't want to spend $70 to upgrade unless that REALLY
is the problem.

Thanks in advance.

--- John denune
    jdenune@ucselx.sdsu.edu

tomk@pro-grouch.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (11/24/89)

If you are using a external modem with a Super Serial Card, the problem may be
that interupts are not enabled.   Try setting SW2-6 to the ON position on your
SSC.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!tomk
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!tomk@nosc.mil