[comp.sys.apple] DataLink 2400 Modem

RONIE@cup.portal.com (RONALD LEE FERGUSON) (04/14/89)

I have an Apple IIE and a DataLink 2400 baud Modem.
I just bought a No Slot Clock.
I have tried to patch the DataLink software to read the No Slot Clock,
but when It is patched it will not read the clock, Why?
Can someone help me?

Thank you

Ronie@cup.Portal.com

RONIE@cup.portal.com (RONALD LEE FERGUSON) (11/26/89)

I have two problems writting a Macro for the Datalink 2400 modem
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
1. First problem:

The Macro will dial the phone # for Telenet.  Once I get the
CONNECTED 2400 message It just sets there.  If I let it set there
long enough  it will disconnect.
In the Macro I have a string (xmit "@D ^J^M") which should send the
@ D and a return.  This is not sent or if it is then nothing happens.
Please tell me what control characters I need to send.

2. Second problem:

I want to be able to turn on my computer before I go to bed and run this
macro.  I want it to ask the question "At what time do you want to dial?"
I need to be able to enter more than one time depending on the time of
day I want it to dial out.  I can do it by many many if statements.
I want to be able to do it with out putting in 20 or 24 if statements.
I need to know how to write the IF statement so that it will use the
time that i input.  For example (If input = 00:30 then time = 00:30.
Waitfor time "input"
Could someone please tell me how to do this?

I am encluding the file after my name so you can see what I have done.
page backward 2
Thank you very much.
Ronie@cup.portal.com
919-822-8145
# START

Display "^L^J^J Portal DownLoad File Program^J^M"
Display "^J^J^J^J^M"
Display "^J^J A = 01:00  B= 08:00 ^J^M"
Display "^J^J    Set time for Download in this Format: 00:00 "

SET TIMER 20
waitfor time "08:30"

# A

Set baud 2400
set DUPLEX FULL
set prefix /my
xmit "ATM0^M"
Waitfor string "OK"
xmit "ATDT 323 4148^M"
set timer 15
waitfor string "CONNECT 2400"

xmit "@ D ^J ^J ^J ^M"

if failed goto B
stop

# B
xmit "HANGUP^J^M"
SET TIMER 30
goto Start

jjl@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Jason J. Lee) (11/27/89)

In article <24477@cup.portal.com> RONIE@cup.portal.com (RONALD LEE FERGUSON) writes:
>I have two problems writting a Macro for the Datalink 2400 modem
>COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
>1. First problem:
>
>The Macro will dial the phone # for Telenet.  Once I get the
>CONNECTED 2400 message It just sets there.  If I let it set there
>long enough  it will disconnect.
>In the Macro I have a string (xmit "@D ^J^M") which should send the
>@ D and a return.  This is not sent or if it is then nothing happens.
>Please tell me what control characters I need to send.

Whenever I try to log into Telenet, I use this sequence to get their
"TERMINAL=" prompt: ^M^M^M ^M[pause].  That's three returns, a space, another
return, then wait to see if it responds.  If not, try it again, and it
usually works the second time.  In the Datalink software, I assume that would
be something like xmit "^M^M^M ^M" wait 1... I know that under ProTERM, a
pr /^M^M^M ^M/ wt 1 would do this.

jjl@ocf.berkeley.edu