[comp.sys.apple] DOS MASTER, dealing with potential customers.

In article <128402@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) writes:
> The problem is that DOS 3.3 don't
>know how to handle things bigger than a Disk][, roughly.  Maybe someone
>knows a way around that.

	There's a program from Glen Bredon called DOS MASTER that will
put a DOS 3.3 partition on any ProDOS device.

	That program will probably fit your bill. Just to add a little
(most likely unimportant to anyone that reads this) info about what Glen
Bredon did when I wrote him a letter: I wrote him a letter asking about DOS
MASTER because I knew very little about it. I included a self addressed
stamped envelope just to make sure I get a reply. What does he do? WRITE on
top of my letter answering in VERY VERY VERY few words.. And apparently he
didn't even make himself quite clear..or at least didn't offer a little bit
of supplementary info that would have been helpful, like you can make
multiple DOS 3.3 partitions which he didn't tell me in the letter.

	Now I'm basically changing the subject but... On the other hand, I
wrote to Spectrum Holobyte a few months ago after reading in John C. Dvorak's
column about VETTE! for the IBM and Mac and a few other computers (AMIGA and
ST most importantly). I said I hoped it was an oversight that they didn't
mention the IIGS, etc etc... Well they wrote me back a PERSONAL letter (not
some kind of form letter) saying that they weren't gonna make it cuz the
GS was too slow and a few other things... EVEN though they weren't making it
for my computer and I didn't really like the way they put down my compu`ter,
I still think it was GREAT that they actually wrote back to me.  I am thinking
of writing back to them and seeing if they'll market the program for the GS
if a TransWarp GS is required...seems like most if not all people are gonna
eventually buy one..

	Whew.. For some reason I just got started spewing on this topic..
--
unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (11/28/89)

In article <6010@lindy.Stanford.EDU>, unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:

> In article <128402@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) writes:
>
> 	That program will probably fit your bill. Just to add a little
> (most likely unimportant to anyone that reads this) info about what Glen
> Bredon did when I wrote him a letter: I wrote him a letter asking about DOS
> MASTER because I knew very little about it. I included a self addressed
> stamped envelope just to make sure I get a reply. What does he do? WRITE on
> top of my letter answering in VERY VERY VERY few words.. And apparently he
> didn't even make himself quite clear..or at least didn't offer a little bit
> of supplementary info that would have been helpful, like you can make
> multiple DOS 3.3 partitions which he didn't tell me in the letter.

You had much better luck with "Mr" Bredon than I did. I had been told that
Big Mac assembler was shareware and sent a private note to him on Compuserve
asking about buying a copy and  what the price was. I was honestly and clearly
trying to buy the thing. He posted a public reply about how sick he was of
thieves like me trying to rob him all of the time. He included my name but
not my original posting, which was very clearly a request for purchasing
info. I blew it off to his immaturity and erased the note. However, Shawn
Goodin, (the sysop) never one to miss a chance at stroking Bredon "revived"
Bredon's reply stating that it was something that everyone should see.
My original request was not posted. The happy ending was that I then
bought ORCA/M instead and love it, plus, I no longer have a monthly
compuserve bill to pay. Has anyone else had similar experiences with
Compuserves Apple // forum?

Bob Church
att!oucsace!bchurch