[comp.sys.apple] Ehman hard drives

chines@pro-europa.cts.COM (Clifford Hines) (11/26/89)

I have a friend who has very few problems with a Ehman 32 meg internal in his
Mac SE.  If I keep the IIe, I'll get another scsi brand hard drive like the
Sider or a Seagate and get more then 30 megs. With all the software getting
larger and more disk space that is needed, going above 30 megs makes sense.
Cliff

UUCP: crash!pro-europa!chines
ARPA: crash!pro-europa!chines@nosc.mil
INET: chines@pro-europa.cts.com

dkl@pro-europa.cts.COM (David Leikam) (11/29/89)

In CS-ID: #8883.cortland/info-apple@pro-europa, chines@apple.com (Clifford
Hines) notes,

>I have a friend who has very few problems with a Ehman 32 meg internal in his
>Mac SE.  If I keep the IIe, I'll get another scsi brand hard drive like the
>Sider or a Seagate and get more then 30 megs....

   Question, then: Does anyone know whether Ehman actually manufactures their
own HD platters and controllers? Or do they, like CMS, use a variety of other
people's, including Seagate?

  For the  Mac, the only significant difference between a CMS drive and a
Seagate drive is the software furnished. Each is an exact replacement for the
other - and in fact, under the CMS label, it says, "Seagate". Is this  the
case with Ehman?

----
UUCP: {nosc, uunet!cacilj, sdcsvax, hplabs!hp-sdd, sun.com}
                        ...!crash!pro-europa!dkl
ARPA: crash!pro-europa!dkl@nosc.mil
INET: dkl@pro-europa.cts.com - BITNET: pro-europa.uucp!dkl@psuvax1

jkain@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (11/30/89)

My Ehman drive says Seagate right on the unit.  It's not even covered up.

They are excellent drives with excellent support.  Last summer (mid-July) both
my Ehman and Jasmine drives crashed (on the same day, as a matter of fact).
Both were shipped out to the respective companies on Tuesday (the Jasmine
Fed. Express and the Ehman UPS air).  The Ehman returned to me fully
functional that same Friday, and the Jasmine returned, with the infamous
Quantum drive bug (see comp.sys.mac for many comments on this) at the end
of September.

And Ehman now promises *overnight* replacement!

Jeff Kain

jkain@silver.bacs.indiana.edu