[comp.sys.apple] Talk is Cheap newsfeed

delton@pro-carolina.cts.com (Don Elton) (03/13/89)

For some time now I've been originating and supporting a Talk is Cheap
newsfeed based on my ProLine site pro-carolina.  This feed echos to most
ProLines on the ProLine network with the posting address of tic@pro-carolina.

I've gotten some requests off the ProLine net in the UUCP/Usenet/Bitnets to
add them to the mailing list.  Since my site is several hops away from the
nearest UNIX machine, however, it would not be efficient for me to send
multiple copies of the feed to a UUCP or BITNET site.  I can, however, post to
a single re-distribution point (alias perhaps) on a UUCP or BITNET machine if
someone would agree to handle the set-up of the alias and the maintenance of
the distribution list for off-ProLine sites.

Traffic on the feed isn't particularly heavy and includes tech support
questions and answers, bug reports, feature requests, example scripts (user
and author supplied), and product update announcements and the like.

If you'd be interested in handling the off-ProLine distribution for this feed
then leave me a note in email and we could try a few test runs to see how
reliable our connections are followed by my adding your alias address to my
distribution list here on Pro-Carolina.  Posts to the feed would still be
addressed to the Pro-Carolina TIC alias but redistribution to off-ProLine
sites would be your responsibility.

UUCP: [ sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pro-carolina!delton
ARPA: crash!pro-carolina!delton@nosc.mil
INET: delton@pro-carolina.cts.com

Pro-Carolina: 803-776-3936 (300-2400 baud, login as 'register')
     US Mail: 3207 Berkeley Forest Drive, Columbia, SC  29209-4111

delton@pro-carolina.cts.com (Don Elton) (03/29/89)

The Talk is Cheap newsfeed is now available to non-proline sites in the
UUCP/Usenet world.  The TIC newsfeed has been available for several months now
on most ProLine sites but until recently was restricted to this sub-network.

If you're on a UUCP or BITNET site and would like to receive the TIC newsfeed
then address your subscription requests/inquiries to:

tic-reqeust@pro-carolina.cts.com
crash!pro-carolina!tic-request@nosc.mil

Posts to the TIC newsfeed should go to the TIC address at the same site as
above.

UUCP: [ sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pro-carolina!delton
ARPA: crash!pro-carolina!delton@nosc.mil
INET: delton@pro-carolina.cts.com

Pro-Carolina: 803-776-3936 (300-2400 baud, login as 'register')
     US Mail: 3207 Berkeley Forest Drive, Columbia, SC  29209-4111

>tic-request@pro-carolina.cts.com
>crash!pro-carolina!tic-request@nosc.mil

From BITNET: tic-request@pro-carolina.UUCP
         or  tic-request%pro-carolina.cts.com@nosc.mil

The former is the "official" route because pro-carolina is a UUCP site,
and mail isn't supposed to transit one network <the internet in this case>
to reach another. However, mail via BITNET's UUCP gateway isn't always
reliable (or as quickly delivered).

>Posts to the TIC newsfeed should go to the TIC address at the same site as
>above.

delton@pro-carolina.cts.com (Don Elton) (12/01/89)

I just realized that the uucp site that was handling forwarding of the "Talk
is Cheap" support newsfeed has been down for a few months and that most
off-proline sites have not been able to receive the feed.  I didn't have a
listing of sites off the ProLine net that were receiving it so if you'd like
your site or mailbox to receive this mailing then leave me a note at
tic-request@pro-carolina.cts.com and I'll just add you to the alias list here
on pro-carolina until I find another uucp site to handle the redistribution to
uucp sites.  Thanks.

UUCP: [ sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pro-carolina!delton
ARPA: crash!pro-carolina!delton@nosc.mil
INET: delton@pro-carolina.cts.com

Pro-Carolina: 803-776-3936 (300-2400 baud, login as 'register')
     US Mail: 3207 Berkeley Forest Drive, Columbia, SC  29209-4111
         CIS: 72010,37   MCI: 351-9930   GEnie: delton