[comp.sys.apple] Multiple messages

craparotta@kyoa.enet.dec.com (Physical T5--Virtual T7) (11/28/89)

Has anyone else been getting the same messages 3 times in a row??

Joe

fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (11/28/89)

In article <8911271921.AA24648@decwrl.dec.com>, craparotta@kyoa.enet.dec.com (Physical T5--Virtual T7) writes:
> Has anyone else been getting the same messages 3 times in a row??

Nope.

The count so far is 13 here.  In another group some time back, I counted
211 occurrences of a single message.  Somebody's mailer went berserk...

Use 'k' when you see it...it'll go away in a couple of days.

------------

"...Then anyone who leaves behind him a written manual, and likewise
anyone who receives it, in the belief that such writing will be clear
and certain, must be exceedingly simple-minded..."

		Plato, _Phaedrus_ 275d

SASQUATCH@ALBION.BITNET ("Kevin Lepard, 629-1827", 517) (11/28/89)

Yes.  I have gotten several messages more than *10* times.  Very annoying.

S102624@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU ("D.C.") (11/28/89)

I have also been getting copies of the same messages.

The worse case was 10 copies of one message.

To those who can fix it: Please correct the problem, or remove my name
                        from the list.

Thank You,
Harry Noel

*---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*                                                Sysop of            *
*  HARRY NOEL     BITNET S102624@UMRVMA  /     THE MESSAGE BASE       *
*                                             3/12/24/9600 USR       *
*----------------------------------------/       (314)846-6261        *
*  'I was married by a judge,                 Mac, Apple //GS,       *
*   I should have asked for a jury'      /     AND NETWORKING   100   *
*                           GEORGE BURNS      (Public Access)  MEGS  *
*---------------------------------------------------------------------*

TSEAL@ALASKA.BITNET ("The Spanish Inquisition") (11/28/89)

Yes.  I have 12 copies of the "need help with a serial printer" in my mailbox.
What is going on?

ccastbs@prism.gatech.EDU (Shannon Bell) (11/29/89)

>Has anyone else been getting the same messages 3 times in a row??
>Joe
Yes, actually. I got a message about a trip to the Netherlands about
ten times.  My first kill file entry :-)

Shannon Bell
PO Box 36266   Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!ccastbs
Internet: ccastbs@prism.gatech.edu

jerryk@pro-tcc.cts.COM (Jerry E. Kindall) (11/29/89)

Very interesting that your message about repeating messages is one of the ones
that has started repeating.  I'm sure there's some celestial meaning to that!
   _____
  ||___||  Jerry Kindall               |  Internet: jerryk@pro-tcc.cts.com
  |  o  |  2612 Queensway Drive        |  UUCP:     nosc!crash!pro-tcc!jerryk
  |__O__|  Grove City, OH  43123-3347  |  GEnie: A2.JERRY     ALine: A2 Jerry

TE880714%STUDTEW.UFSIA.AC.BE@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Stefan Bracke) (11/29/89)

Yes, me to. Sometimes I get it 4 Times|||
                           Stef

* HELP * HELP * HELP * HELP * HELP * HELP * HELP *

ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (12/01/89)

It's really neat how br.mil was rerouted via Echo point this week. Well, as
long as I get the feed I don't care. Yet.

$CSG319@LSUVM.BITNET (John Mills) (12/02/89)

Joe,
  I've been getting 10 or so of the same messages -- sometimes in groups,
sometimes not. They all seem to have come in on Nov. 26 & 27.
                                                      John.

Bitnet: $CSG319@LSUVM.BITNET
Internet: $CSG319@LSUVM.SNCC.LSU.EDU

lvirden@pro-tcc.cts.com (Larry Virden) (12/03/89)

I HOPE this one doesnt start repeating as well... In general, when these
problems start appearing, first contact your local system's postmaster.  He
should be able to either a) figure out where the problem is or b) know who to
talk to about the problem.  Now, if your system's postmaster is yet a Jedi
master, you should contact, in the case of info-apple, info-apple-request with
information about the problem.  That is, unless you get your copy from someone
else.  In the case of comp.sys.apple, try contacting the postmaster of the
site feeding you the most of the repeats.

Note that at least in the msgs that I have seen, the Message-Ids had apple.com
in them.  So for at least those msgs, the problem was either there or in the
sites feeding Apple the information.

In the information age, there are just more ways to get confused faster than
ever before...
--
Larry W. Virden                 ProLine: pro-tcc!lvirden
674 Falls Place                 Work:   lvirden@cas.bitnet