[comp.sys.apple] 19,200

bh@pro-lep.cts.com (Brian Hicks) (12/04/89)

 I have a chance to get a 14.4K HST pretty cheap. I was wondering if the GS
can go past the 19.2 limit by bypassing the modem port ROM's. I have heard of
a version of T-Net that is running at 38,000 by doing this, but I have never
seen it myself. I've also heard that the 14.4 can run up to 54,000+ but I have
trouble believing this. So... what IS the limit for the GS? Can I write a new
modem driver to make it run at 54.0+? I'll settle for 19.2, but was just
thinking how nice it would be to run in the 30-50,000 range. :)

                                                  Brian
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!bh
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!bh@nosc.mil