[comp.sys.apple] Apple II uucp

stevesc@microsoft.UUCP (Steve Schonberger) (12/02/89)

A friend told me that someone here said they were working on a uucp
port to the Apple II.  I'm planning on such a project myself, but if
it's already been done, there's no sense in duplicating the effort.

I'd appreciate it if that person would get in contact with me by mail,
or if anyone else knows who that person is, let me know through mail.

--
	Steve Schonberger	microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net
	"Working under pressure is the sugar that we crave" --A. Lamb

spike@world.std.com (Joe Ilacqua) (12/03/89)

	Someone might look into 'gnuucp' the GNU UUCP.  I seen it, but
no in the normal channels so I assume it hasn't been Alpha Released
yet.  There reason I mention it is, while it runs under UNIX, it also
runs under MS-DOS and on one of those other 'A' computers (Atari or
Amiga dunno which).  Shouldn't be to hard to get it up on the GS.

*NOTE* the Free Software Foundation (The GNU people) is Boycotting
Apple Computer (they don't like the look and feel suits), and will not
support such a port.

->Spike
--
"The World" - Public Access Unix - +1 617-739-9753  24hrs {3,12,24}00bps

jm7e+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU ("Jeremy G. Mereness") (12/04/89)

xylogics!world!spike@CS.BU.EDU  (Joe Ilacqua) writes:
>         Someone might look into 'gnuucp' the GNU UUCP.  I seen it, but
>
> *NOTE* the Free Software Foundation (The GNU people) is Boycotting
> Apple Computer (they don't like the look and feel suits), and will not
> support such a port.

Maybe they could be convinced otherwise, as they could actively grind
against Apple's nerves by supporting the Apple //!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|Jeremy Mereness                  |   Support     | Disclaimer:            |
|jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (internet)  |     Free      |  The above represent my|
|r746jm7e@cmccvb (Vax... bitnet)  |      Software |  opinions, alone.      |
|a student at Carnegie Mellon U.  |               |  Void where prohibited.|

krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/04/89)

     Instead of the new notesfile comp.sys.apple2.tech or whatever, how about
comp.sys.apple2.moan.groan.bitch.complain.  I'm afraid I'm looking forward
to some flames here, especially from people who actually don't believe, after
being told 982 factorial times that Apple in it's lack of infinite ignorance,
would not drop a terribly large portion of their revenues.  It all depends
on one's belief or lack thereof in revenue.  Simple as that.

							Ken.
						   ken-b@uiuc.edu