[comp.sys.apple] GS MAGAZINE

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (12/03/89)

  Hey! guess what!!
I got a neat little subscription offer in the mail the other day. It was from
Softdisk. They are going to do a Softdisk GS. So we now will have a GS only
magazine (CALL APPLE is mostly GS). This will be a monthly magazine I think.
I left the flyer at home so I don't have all the details on hand, but I will
get them if anyone is interested (which I think lack of interest will not be
a problem).
  They have a three month trial subscritpion, 6 month, and I think a year. I
will post the info ASAP. Let all subcribe or buy it, so they can see how many
of us GS owners there are. Every little bit of support helps.

Robert Brown
BITNET: RXBROWN@UALR
America Online: ROBPHD          I.B.M = I've been mugged!
                                    Amiga!? Just say no!

JWANKERL@UTCVM.BITNET ("Josef W. Wankerl") (12/03/89)

On Sat, 2 Dec 89 19:32:00 CST MR.FANTASTIC said:
>  Hey! guess what!!
>I got a neat little subscription offer in the mail the other day. It was from
>Softdisk. They are going to do a Softdisk GS. So we now will have a GS only
>magazine (CALL APPLE is mostly GS). This will be a monthly magazine I think.
>I left the flyer at home so I don't have all the details on hand, but I will
>
>Robert Brown
>BITNET: RXBROWN@UALR
>America Online: ROBPHD          I.B.M = I've been mugged!
>                                    Amiga!? Just say no!

Well there is already a GS specific magazine and it's called GS+,
published right here in Chattanooga.  For $8 you get a magazine and
a 3.5" disk.  It's published bi-monthly and the latest issue had a
NDA text editor program in it.  Not bad for $8.  A year subscription
(6 issues) is $35 - $2 dollars off the cover price.  (Do I sound like
a comercial or what!!)  I don't have the address to send your
subscription request to, but if there is enough interest I'll look
it up.

/**********************************************************************\
|*      Joe "Gonzo" Wankerl       |*|  The views expressed here are   *|
|* BITNET =>  JWANKERL@UTCVM      |*|  not necessarily yours...       *|
|*                                |*|         ...but they should be.  *|
\**********************************************************************/

orcus@pro-lep.cts.com (Brian Greenstone) (12/04/89)

Yeah, I was called by the SoftDisk people to see if I wanted to write some
stuff for them.  I might just do it, but it depends on how much I can make off
of shareware; it may be close.  But those of you out there who are familiar
with my past freeware/shareware games (Grackel, Copy Killers, Quadronome,
Senseless Violence, & Orbizone) may be able to get my latest stuff through
SoftDisk if I decide to take them up on their offer.

-Brian
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!orcus
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!orcus@nosc.mil
INET: orcus@pro-lep.cts.com

blochowi@rt8.cs.wisc.edu (Jason Blochowiak) (12/05/89)

In article <153CA6C5421F801C26@UALR.BITNET> RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") writes:
>I got a neat little subscription offer in the mail the other day. It was from
>Softdisk. They are going to do a Softdisk GS. So we now will have a GS only
>magazine (CALL APPLE is mostly GS). This will be a monthly magazine I think.
>[Deleted comments about subscription and showing support]

	I'm not sure if it's been released yet to the general public, but I got
SoftDisk G-S (methinks the hyphen is legal self-defense) #1 about a week ago.
Looks like they'll be putting some interesting stuff out - primarily DAs and
small to medium-ish sized applications, with some clip-art and fonts thrown in
for good measure...

	Disclaimer: I still consider myself fairly unbiased, even though I
wrote something for them (I would mention what it is, but 1) I'm not sure
about their nondisclosure policy and 2) I kinda doubt they'd like me to
mention it anyways).

--
      Jason Blochowiak - blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu or jason@madnix.uucp
       "Education, like neurosis, begins at home." - Milton R. Sapirstein