[comp.sys.apple] kermit 3.86

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (09/22/89)

What's new/changed/fixed in 3.86 over 3.85?

MEDIN-T@SHARK.NOSC.MIL (Ted Medin) (09/22/89)

-- Begin Original Message --

What's new/changed/fixed in 3.86 over 3.85?

-- End Original Message --

 These are the changes in 3.86
1. Prodos quit is fixed
2. vt100 bug fixes (will it ever stop)
3. //c+ now works - thanks Steve Kunz
4. blinking cursor when connected
5. connect escape menu now has modem and quit added
6. file xfer downloads in prodos, illegal characters are now replaced with
   periods. it was Klaus Schnathmeier's (hanberg germany) idea, unfortulately
   i missunderstood so klaus didnt get what he wanted. His english is 1000%
   better than my german. so hope someone needs this. after looking at this
   you may think anybodys english is 1000% better than mine. :-(
7. wildcard file xfer uploads sometimes missed one file - fixed (it says here)
8. Nice new install by Les Ferch of university of british columbia
   if you like the new install send him a thank you <les_ferch@mtsg.ubc.ca>
9. apple cat serial driver - thanks Dick Wotiz

 Now for a list of credits for those who helped, im sure i missed someone
so please accept my appoligies. Im suffering from old timers disease (loss of
memory). And i cant spell either.

Ralph Carpenter - think all he does is search for bugs :-)
Les Ferch
Steve Kunz
Klaus Schnathmeier
Dick Wotiz

gt0t+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Gregory Ross Thompson) (09/25/89)

  So when can we expect the new version to be released?  If it's got all the
changes that were boasted, then it sounds like it'll be pretty good.

           -Greg T.

sean@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Sean R Owens) (12/01/89)

Well, I just got kermit 3.86 off USENET, and tried to unpack it.  Unfortunately
I failed in my task.  I started with both files (APP386.1 and APP386.2) on
a floppy, did "EXEC APP386.1,R25", and waited.  After about a minute of
activity it crashed, and I got the not very helpful message "Error #8" followed
by "Get help" (or words to that effect.)  Well, the manual didn't have anything
useful in it, so I've decided to post here.  Does anyone know what I'm doing
wrong?  And how to fix it?  Reply by post or by Email, its up to you.
Sean Owens
(sean@unix.cs.pitt.edu)
(sean@pittvms.bitnet)

sean@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Sean R Owens) (12/06/89)

In article <20950@unix.cis.pitt.edu> sean@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Sean R Owens) writes:
>Well, I just got kermit 3.86 off USENET, and tried to unpack it. Unfortunately
>useful in it, so I've decided to post here.  Does anyone know what I'm doing
>wrong?  And how to fix it?  Reply by post or by Email, its up to you.
>Sean Owens
>(sean@unix.cs.pitt.edu)

Oops...     | should be sean@unix.cis.pitt.edu, according to one of the
sys-admin types here.