[comp.sys.apple] Upgrade to Appleworks GS?

girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu (11/30/89)

Can I still upgrade from MultiscribeGS to AppleWorks GS? (If I remeber
correctly, then the cut off date is sometime in December.) Could
someone please give me the specifics. I think that I've decided on one
of my Christmas presents.

thanks in advance,

anthony c girardin

jazzman@claris.com (Sydney R. Polk) (12/01/89)

From article <13961@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, by girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu:

> Can I still upgrade from MultiscribeGS to AppleWorks GS? (If I remeber
> correctly, then the cut off date is sometime in December.) Could
> someone please give me the specifics. I think that I've decided on one
> of my Christmas presents.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> anthony c girardin

Sorry.  Ever since we sold MSGS to Beagle (BeagleWrite GS), that upgrade
has been dead.

--
Syd Polk           | Wherever you go, there you are.
jazzman@claris.com | Let the music be your light.

shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (12/01/89)

In article <10705@claris.com>, jazzman@claris.com (Sydney R. Polk) writes...
>From article <13961@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, by girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu:
>>
>> Can I still upgrade from MultiscribeGS to AppleWorks GS? (If I remeber
>
>Sorry.  Ever since we sold MSGS to Beagle (BeagleWrite GS), that upgrade
>has been dead.

The announcement said that the upgrade was good until December 31, 1989
(For MultiScribe to AWGS 1.1   $139 )

/chris

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@memit.enet.dec.com |
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: memit::shatara             |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!memit!shatara   |

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (12/01/89)

In article <1119@mountn.dec.com> shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) writes:

> In article <10705@claris.com>, jazzman@claris.com (Sydney R. Polk) writes...
> >From article <13961@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, by girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu:
> >>
> >> Can I still upgrade from MultiscribeGS to AppleWorks GS? (If I remeber
> >
> >Sorry.  Ever since we sold MSGS to Beagle (BeagleWrite GS), that upgrade
> >has been dead.

It wasn't sold, only licensed.

> The announcement said that the upgrade was good until December 31, 1989
> (For MultiScribe to AWGS 1.1   $139 )

I just asked someone in Customer Relations... the upgrade is still available
as advertised... through the end of 1989.

Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.

joseph@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Seymour Joseph) (12/06/89)

The form I got from Claris last week lists the Multiscribe GS to
AppleWorks GS upgrade as being valid until December 31, 1989.  Call
them for a copy of the upgrade form and if they list it on yours,
order it.

Seymour