[comp.sys.apple] HyperC scanf???

glaeske@sparky.UUCP (Brian Glaeske) (11/20/89)

Has anyone who has worked with HyperC know how the scanf function works?
I have tried the standard C scanf call and it compiles it perfectly, but
when linking it returns "_scanf unresolved".  Any Ideas?

Also, is there any information on the ProDos version yet?

Thanks
 Brian Glaeske
 glaeske@sparky.NoDak.edu     [InterNET]
 nuglaesk@ndsuvax             [BitNET  ]
 ..!ndsuvax!sparky!glaeske    [UUCP    ]

ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (12/01/89)

HyperC does not support scanf directly. You require the Utilities disk
available from Wayne G. Rod. I belieive he is living in Arizona, Maybe Tucson.
This is from the World of HyperC inaugural issue, Feb 1986. Other names
mentioned Judy Szajek, Dave McClain. I had ordered the disk, but my letter was
returned unopened, so it may never have made it past announcement stage.

If you know any of these people ask them about the status of the Prodos
version of HyperC and post there current addresses if they are still willing
to support it.

llp@psuhcx.psu.edu (Laura L. Pauley) (12/04/89)

In article <8154.infoapple.net@pro-generic> ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) writes:

|HyperC does not support scanf directly. You require the Utilities disk
|available from Wayne G. Rod. I belieive he is living in Arizona, Maybe Tucson.
Yeah I found that out also.

|If you know any of these people ask them about the status of the Prodos
|version of HyperC and post there current addresses if they are still willing
|to support it.
That was another thing that I wasn't to happy about when I got HyperC.  It's
in it's own, MS-DOS type enviornment.  Yes it is kind of cool the way it is
set up but I still would like to see it in ProDos format.

ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (12/06/89)

Actually, the only thing Messy-DOS like is the '>' or 'a:' prompts. This thing
is much more UNIX-like. ls catalogs, cd changes prefix, etc.

Your bestt bet is probably to write your own scanf. Maybe disasemble printf
and re-assemble it backwards?  Well, do you have have a better idea??????