[comp.sys.apple] Zip chip, compilers, and other stor

krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/01/89)

     I wasn't aware the Beagle Compiler didn't support ampersand commands.
Just put &&s in the place of the normal &s and it should work, according
to the manual.  I don't have the manual here, but I'm 99% sure about that.
     As to if the compiler handles it correctly, I had a BASIC prog that
was about 50% ampersand commands, or about 10k, and it managed to compile
on a 128k unenhanced IIe.

							Ken.
						   ken-b@uiuc.edu

ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (12/06/89)

from p.20 Beagle Compiler: an ampersand routine without parameters will
compile just fine.
to use constant ampersands (&SORT - where sort is the literal name of the
routine) replace '&' with '&&' ( &&SORT to compile coreectly) <my phrasing not
theirs>
variable parameters must be evaluated using $98fd routine (in
Compiler.system). strings pointer in $f6,$f7, intergers in X, A registers
(lo-high) and carry clear, if carry set then a float stored in the FAC ($9d).

hope this helps.