[comp.sys.apple] unidisk on the mac

chaosboss@pro-lep.cts.com (Circuit Breaker) (12/08/89)

I hooked my unidisk to a friends mac a while back and it didn't work.  Nothing
was damaged, it just didn't work.  Does anyone know how to lobotomiae a
unidisk so that it will emulate a Apple 3.5?                      ize
Dungeon Master won't boot on a Unidisk.  When I try to boot it I get a 40
column text screen that says "Apple 3.5 function only" or something similar.
I tried loading it into my ROMdisk to see if that would work, same result.
If I *do* lobotomize my Unidisk, will I be able to boot DM from it?

>   o.O     \
> =(___)=    } Pop quiz: Who is this?
>    U      /

Hmmm....  Looks like Bill the Cat (tm) to me...  DO I get a cookie now?

ciao
cb
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!chaosboss
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!chaosboss@nosc.mil
INET: chaosboss@pro-lep.cts.com

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (12/08/89)

In article <8303.net.apple@pro-lep>, chaosboss@pro-lep.cts.com (Circuit Breaker) writes:
> I hooked my unidisk to a friends mac a while back and it didn't work.  Nothing
> was damaged, it just didn't work.  Does anyone know how to lobotomiae a
> unidisk so that it will emulate a Apple 3.5?                      ize

There are still an awful lot of //c's out there. A //c can only use a Unidisk
to access 3.5" disks. Since the Unidisk averages $350 and a new Mac drive can
be had for as low as $100 why not just sell the Unidisk, buy the mac
drive and turn a little profit. Even at half price you're coming out
ahead.

Bob Church
att!oucsace!bchurch