[comp.sys.apple] TechNotes

mdavis@seismo.css.gov@pro-sol.UCSD.EDU (Morgan Davis) (12/17/86)

To Rick Fincher:

All of the Apple IIGS Tech notes you've been posting have come through
with what looks like the absence of any paragraphs -- they all run
together, and are uselessy formatted.

All other info-apple traffic I've received is fine, however.  Might want
to check it out.

UUCP: [ ihnp4 akgua hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis
ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis@nosc

kirk@pro-realm.cts.com (Kirk Kamberg) (09/29/89)

Is there any way that we can get Addison Wesley to release *paperback*
versions of their manuals? I, for one, would rather have 4-5 ragged edged
paperback manuals, than *1* hard back. I'm sure there are a lot of students
and other people on a limited budget which would like the manuals released
in paperback also...

ProLine: kirk@pro-realm                     |            Pro-Realm
BITNET:  kirk%pro-realm.cts.com@nosc.mil    |  3/12/2400 baud (914) 691-3863
UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-realm!kirk           | "The opinions expressed are my
ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-realm!kirk@nosc.mil  |  my own."

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (10/02/89)

In article <8909300016.AA29670@trout.nosc.mil> kirk@pro-realm.cts.com (Kirk Kamberg) writes:
>Is there any way that we can get Addison Wesley to release *paperback*
>versions of their manuals? I, for one, would rather have 4-5 ragged edged
>paperback manuals, than *1* hard back. I'm sure there are a lot of students
>and other people on a limited budget which would like the manuals released
>in paperback also...

Several of the Macintosh manuals are done this way, and I do not know why
Apple II manuals are not done this way.  I am passing this comment on to
the appropriate people within Apple to see if they have any comments.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

NOSES@DBNINF5.BITNET (12/09/89)

Some people wanted to get TechNotes in AWGS format. Well... A friend of
mine invested a lot of time and rearranged the files under AppleWorks gs.
Maybe I may put them on apple2-l (if Apple doesn't tell me not to...); if
not I'll send the disks (it is too much to send it to everybody... about
2.5 MBytes) to someone who promises to forward them around the USA (Warning:
I'll post his address in info-apple 8-) )...

Achim

(Noses@DBNINF5.bitnet; if that won't work, try {anything}!unido!bnu!patzner)