[comp.sys.apple] Transposing SHR pictures?

S680534@UWEC.BITNET (ROBERT TANNER) (12/09/89)

I was wondering if it where possible to transpose one SHR picture over
another?  I have a fractal generator picture that I want to make the
background and another SHR picture I want in the foreground.  I'm using
Paintworks Gold.  Will PG allow this and if so, how do I do it? Thanks.
 _____
||___||  Bob Tanner
|  o  |  BITNET: S680534@UWEC.BITNET
|__O__|  Amiga: Aaarg, Make It Go Away
         I.B.M.: International Brotherhood of Morons

dseah@wpi.wpi.edu (David I Seah) (12/11/89)

In article <891208.22292951.001382@UWEC.CP6> S680534@UWEC.BITNET (ROBERT TANNER) writes:
>I was wondering if it where possible to transpose one SHR picture over
>another?  I have a fractal generator picture that I want to make the
>background and another SHR picture I want in the foreground.  I'm using
>Paintworks Gold.  Will PG allow this and if so, how do I do it? Thanks.

This should be possible to do with PaintWorks gold.  You would have to capture
your foreground picture into the Clipboard, load the Fractal Background, then
plop your picture right on top of it.  Keep in mind that unless the SHR pic
and the fractal background use the same color palette...one picture must
die.  This isn't so bad in some cases, and in any even PWG has a "paste
adjacent colors" command to match up palettes as closely as it can.  I
don't have the manual handy right now, but look closely at the section
that details cutting and pasting.

Personally, I use DeluxePaint.  Dpaint rocks!

--
Dave Seah | O M N I D Y N E  S Y S T E M S - M |   Internet: dseah@wpi.wpi.edu