[comp.sys.apple] Davex IW2 command

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (12/13/89)

In article <990@madnix.UUCP> rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) writes:
>I tried to use the font option to the utility iw2 and BOOM!  It crashed into
>the monitor.  Does anyone know what happened?

Ack!  A bug in IW2 v1.0.  I fixed it for 1.1 (if anybody besides Dave D
wants a copy, send email; otherwise I'll wait & post it with the next
major Davex revision).

I'm sure someone will be amused by what the problem was:  There was a
partially implemented command in the source for setting the printer's
page height.  The routine started with a BRK on purpose, because it
wasn't implemented (yes, it wasted one byte in the object).  I commented
its option character out of a table, but neglected to comment out the
corresponding subroutine's address from another table.  Turns out this
command was near the end of my tables (otherwise I would've noticed the
problem right away).  The broken options in IW2 1.0 are -f, -x, -i, and
-e.
--

 --David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
   Apple II Developer Technical Support      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.