[comp.sys.apple] Quilting Program Needed

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (12/04/89)

I'm looking for a Quilting Program for my wife. She would use it on a //e
with a Citizen 120D printer. Any suggestions?

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca    |
  |  INTERNET:halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu  BITNET:D57J@CORNELLA  D57J@CRNLVAX5|
  |  UUCP:{vax135,rochester,decvax}!cornell!batcomputer!halp                  |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601 USA  |

reeder@reed.UUCP (Doug Reeder) (12/09/89)

In article <8912031927.AA00946@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") writes:

>I'm looking for a Quilting Program for my wife. She would use it on a //e
>with a Citizen 120D printer. Any suggestions?

What brand of quilting card does she have, and which slot is it installed in?
Does it follow the Pascal Protocol?        :-)

--
Doug Reeder                         USENET: ...!tektronix!reed!reeder
Box 722 Reed College                BITNET: reeder@reed.BITNET

mackay@iisat.uucp (Daniel MacKay) (12/11/89)

In article <8912031927.AA00946@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") writes:

>I'm looking for a Quilting Program for my wife. She would use it on a //e
>with a Citizen 120D printer. Any suggestions?

Not really; a local guy, Howie Harawitz, wrote and marketed a very clever
program called Video Loom which is all you could want for *weaving*,
however, totally inappropriate for quilting, I'm sure.

Sounds like a good winter project!
--
+---------+				IIS Public Usenet
+---------+				MACKAY@DALAC.BITNET
--

lvirden@pro-tcc.cts.com (Larry Virden) (12/12/89)

In a similar vein, my mom does 'cross stiching' which apparently is the
handicraft of sewing lots of TINY little stiches all over this cloth in
different color threads until a picture emerges.  She was wondering if I could
find out about any programs which would allow her to get a photo turned into a
cross stitch pattern.

Basically, the idea is that you take a graphic, lay a grid over it, and assign
different stitch symbols for the different colors.  This resulting grid and
symbols gets printed off and can then be used as a pattern to sew pillows, tee
shirts, sweaters,etc.

The only thing for the Apple I could find was for DOS 3.3, and hi res pictures
only.  Or I could go buy an IBM and get EGA or maybe even VGA.

Sigh.  Anyone out there doing anything like this?
--
Larry W. Virden                 ProLine: pro-tcc!lvirden
674 Falls Place                 Work:   lvirden@cas.bitnet

larry@pdn.paradyne.com (Larry Swift) (12/13/89)

In article <3565.feeds.info-apple@pro-tcc> lvirden@pro-tcc.cts.com (Larry Virden) writes:
>In a similar vein, my mom does 'cross stiching' which apparently is the
>handicraft of sewing lots of TINY little stiches all over this cloth in
>different color threads until a picture emerges.  She was wondering if I could
>find out about any programs which would allow her to get a photo turned into a
>cross stitch pattern.

So does my mother.  Please let me know what you find out.

Larry Swift                     larry@pdn.paradyne.com
AT&T Paradyne, LG-132           Phone: (813) 530-8605
8545 - 126th Avenue, North
Largo, FL, 34649-2826           She's old and she's creaky, but she holds!