[comp.sys.apple] routines

cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) (12/11/89)

I'm looking for a routine to disable the /ram drive.

Also, is there source code for hyperformater around someplace?

And while I'm at it, I'd like to use the error handling routines that
are in Shrinkit... Andy, what's your attitude on this?  [I'm talking
about the pop-up windows, specifically.]  I don't want to re-invent
the wheel.

Seems to me there should be a library of assembly routines collected
someplace...

--Chan

Chan Wilson -- cwilson@nisc.sri.com <or> cwilson@nic.ddn.mil
'A computer operator at SRI International'
"I think, therefore...uh...I should be?"
...UUCP/GS in research phase. More to come...

In article <10775@fs2.NISC.SRI.COM> cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) writes:

>I'm looking for a routine to disable the /ram drive.

There's such a routine in the ProDOS 8 Technical Reference Manual.  After
having repeated it so many times, I can't imagine that you don't have this
book as much as you need it if writing programs that use the MLI.  You must
have just missed it (it's in chapter 5, I believe).

>Chan Wilson -- cwilson@nisc.sri.com <or> cwilson@nic.ddn.mil
>'A computer operator at SRI International'

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
Amer. Online: Matt DTS                | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
ThisNet: mattd@apple.com              | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
ThatNet: (stuff)!ames!apple!mattd     | have any opinion on any subject."
Other mail by request only, please.   | "So there."

ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (12/15/89)

Check p.90 of the Prodos Technical Refernce Manual. It's a bit involved, so if
you don't have the book, get it! Or at least send me mail and I'll respond.