[comp.sys.apple] COPY and a ProDOS modem driver.

brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby) (12/15/89)

In article <1019@ac.dal.ca> mlarken@ac.dal.ca writes:
>     I've been looking for a variety of routines which, to date, I haven't
>found in the public domain.  I was wondering if anyone knows of:
>       (1) a ProDOS-8 COPY routine (to run on a 128K unextended //e)
>           preferably in the form of a patch -- maybe over some less-
>           used ProDOS commands in BASIC.SYSTEM, or as an &-vector.
>
>Thanks.
>Markum.

First of all, this should have been posted to comp.sys.apple instead of
comp.binaries.apple2  BUT since the latter is the only group in which the
string apple2 appears, I can understand the confusion.  The original poster
may not even read comp.sys.apple  This is one of many good reasons to change
the name of this group to comp.sys.apple2

Now on to his question, there is a COPY routine with the new Kermit package.
But I don't like it.  The COPied files have TODAY's date and time.  This is
a drawback because I don't really care to know what day I decided to copy a
file, I want to know its original creation and latest modification time stamps.
I don't count copying a file as creation or modification.

Does anyone have a patch for the Kermit COPY.SYSTEM, or any copy utility
(other than Copy II Plus) which preserves the time stamps?

Brian Willoughby
UUCP:           ...!{tikal, sun, uunet, elwood}!microsoft!brianw
InterNet:       microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
  or:           microsoft!brianw@Sun.COM
Bitnet          brianw@microsoft.UUCP

ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Cliff Tuel) (12/16/89)

brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby) said...
|In article <1019@ac.dal.ca> mlarken@ac.dal.ca writes:
|>     I've been looking for a variety of routines which, to date, I haven't
|>found in the public domain.  I was wondering if anyone knows of:
|>       (1) a ProDOS-8 COPY routine (to run on a 128K unextended //e)
|>           preferably in the form of a patch -- maybe over some less-
|>           used ProDOS commands in BASIC.SYSTEM, or as an &-vector.

|Now on to his question, there is a COPY routine with the new Kermit package.
|But I don't like it.  The COPied files have TODAY's date and time.  This is
|a drawback because I don't really care to know what day I decided to copy a
|file, I want to know its original creation and latest modification time stamps.
|I don't count copying a file as creation or modification.
|
|Does anyone have a patch for the Kermit COPY.SYSTEM, or any copy utility
|(other than Copy II Plus) which preserves the time stamps?

	I have a public domain COPY program, in the form of a ProDOS
	external command.  I'm not sure if it preserves date stamps.
	And right now I don't have it with me.  But when I find it
	(maybe early January), I'll post it to comp.binaries.apple2
	for you.

~~
 ____           ____  ____    __o o__     Cliff Tuel
||    ||    || ||__  ||__     \( v )/     ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
||___ ||___ || ||    ||        /___\      {ucbvax,voder,pyramid}!polyslo!ctuel
                                ^ ^