[comp.sys.apple] Where Can I Get ShrinkIt?

saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/06/89)

Anybody know where I could get a copy of ShrinkIt?  I have some files that I
downloaded a while ago, and they're compressed.  ShrinkIt does work on an
original IIe, right?  If not, is there a compatible program that does?

! Scott Alfter                        !      Keep the Chief--Dump Simon      !
!                                     !--------------------------------------!
!Internet:  saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu ! Note that my Bitnet address will     !
!  Bitnet:  free0066@uiucvme.bitnet   ! change, effective 20 Dec 89.  If you !
!           (until 20 Dec 89; after   ! want to be sure to avoid trouble,    !
!            20 Dec, send mail to     ! use my Internet address:             !
!            free0066@uiucvmd.bitnet) ! saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu            !

lbotez@pnet02.gryphon.com (Lynda Botez) (12/07/89)

ShrinkIt can be obtained from almost any local BBS that supports the Apple II
(since most files and disks are packed with it these days).  You can also get
it off of the major online services such as Genie, America On-Line and
Compuserve.  You can also call any pro-line BBS; I'm sure it's there in the
library.

ShrinkIt has a couple of different versions; the one you want is Shrinkit
2.02.

Lynda

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!lbotez
INET: lbotez@pnet02.gryphon.com

krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/07/89)

     Both the enhanced-IIe-and-later version and the pre-enhanced-IIe versions
are available through anonymous ftp to husc6.harvard.edu in the
/apple2/Packers directory.  The enhanced version should be in the form of
"shrinkit.part#" while the pre-enhanced version should be IISHK and IIUNSHK,
for ShrinkIt-ing and Un-ShrinkIt-ing.  I think they're all SYS files in
BinSCII form.

							Ken.
						   ken-b@uiuc.edu

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (12/09/89)

In article <23151@gryphon.COM>, lbotez@pnet02.gryphon.com (Lynda Botez) writes:

> ShrinkIt has a couple of different versions; the one you want is Shrinkit
> 2.02.

No, the one you want is 2.1 -- version 2.1 has been the current version since
Sometime late in July (or early august?) of this year.  A new version will be
coming out shortly (gadzooks, I hope so! :-)

> Lynda

andy

--
Andy Nicholas             GEnie, AM-Online: shrinkit
Box 435, Moravian College       CompuServe: 70771,2615

syslep@pro-lep.cts.com (System Leprechaun) (12/15/89)

The individual who originally asked about which version of ShrinkIT he should
get said he had an Apple //e.  Lynda Botez recommended version 2.02 since it
is the latest version for the //e.  2.1 may be the current version, but I
understand it only works on the GS.  True?

And will the "Gadzooks Version" coming out shortly work on both //e and IIGS?
 /                         /                       /                     /|
| Don Patrick             |ProLine: syslep@pro-lep| Source: R.I.P.      | |
| 9100 Circle Drive       |     512-288-2114      |  GEnie: DONPATRICK  | |
| Austin TX 78736-7911    | AppleLink: D Patrick  |    CI$: 72355,1717  | |
|_______________________________________________________________________|/

sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com (The RainForest BBS) (12/17/89)

I'm using 2.1 on a //e with zero problems.

/steve

krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/17/89)

     The only version of ShrinkIt that only works with the GS is the soon (?)
to be released ShrinkIt GS (or whatever name it will take.)  ShrinkIt v2.1
is the latest version for the IIe, and according to Andy will be replaced
with v3.0 sometime in the future, which is also for the IIe and up.
     ShrinkIt v2.1 is the version to get.

							Ken.
						   ken-b@uiuc.edu