[comp.sys.apple] What is Rez?

JDA@CU.NIH.GOV ("Doug Ashbrook") (12/14/89)

>         Surely you jest... I dunno about you, but I pretty much need the
> membership to keep on top of what's going on with the new system software for
> the //gs. Given that APDA is the only place (that I know about, anyway) to get
> Beta manuals & tools, it seems there's not a whole lot of choice, regardless of
> your personal feelings on the matter. As an example, it'd be basically
> impossible to deal with resources without Rez (TML Pascal ]['s resource editor
> is cute, but not real potent, and, IMHO, Call Box has a remarkably primitive
> and unresponsive UI - then again I didn't use either for more than 10 minutes).
>
>       Jason Blochowiak - blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu or jason@madnix.uucp

What is Rez?  I could not find it listed in APDAlog.  It sounds very
interesting since TML's resource editor is still buggy.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                   (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU                              <-- preferred address
INTERNET: JDA@CU.NIH.GOV     or     jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,   Bethesda, MD 20892

-+- Remember.  If some weirdo in a blue suit offers you some MS-DOS,
JUST SAY NO!

blochowi@rt1.cs.wisc.edu (Jason Blochowiak) (12/16/89)

In article <8912132112.AA19480@alw.nih.gov> JDA@CU.NIH.GOV ("Doug Ashbrook") writes:
>What is Rez?  I could not find it listed in APDAlog.  It sounds very
>interesting since TML's resource editor is still buggy.

	Rez is Apple's resource compiler for APW. It was part of the early
release tools for APW 2.0, and I did get it from APDA (can't remember the
order number or anything, tho'). I haven't noticed any bugs in Rez, but there
are some errors in the resource types file (which, to my great annoyance, is
all in one file).

--
      Jason Blochowiak - blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu or jason@madnix.uucp
       "Education, like neurosis, begins at home." - Milton R. Sapirstein

In article <4072@puff.cs.wisc.edu> blochowi@rt1.cs.wisc.edu (Jason Blochowiak) writes:
>	Rez is Apple's resource compiler for APW. It was part of the early
>release tools for APW 2.0, and I did get it from APDA (can't remember the
>order number or anything, tho'). I haven't noticed any bugs in Rez, but there
>are some errors in the resource types file (which, to my great annoyance, is
>all in one file).
>
>--
>      Jason Blochowiak - blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu or jason@madnix.uucp
>       "Education, like neurosis, begins at home." - Milton R. Sapirstein

Hmm.  And did you send anyone at Apple a letter or bug report, *telling* them
there were problems and that it was annoying for types.rez to be one large
file?  Or do you expect us to read your mind?

:) <- weakly

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
Amer. Online: Matt DTS                | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
ThisNet: mattd@apple.com              | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
ThatNet: (stuff)!ames!apple!mattd     | have any opinion on any subject."
Other mail by request only, please.   | "So there."

blochowi@rt5.cs.wisc.edu (Jason Blochowiak) (12/18/89)

In article <4072@puff.cs.wisc.edu> blochowi@rt1.cs.wisc.edu (Jason Blochowiak) writes:
>[Nuked all references to Doug Ashbrook's article]
>	Rez is Apple's resource compiler for APW. It was part of the early
>release tools for APW 2.0, and I did get it from APDA (can't remember the
>order number or anything, tho'). I haven't noticed any bugs in Rez, but there
>are some errors in the resource types (which, to my great annoyance, are
>all in one file).

	Matt Deatherage pointed out to me that it was quite rude to broadcast
my dissatisfaction with a beta product when I hadn't sent in the bug report/
complaint to the folks that wrote/produced said beta product. Although I had
my reasons for not sending the report in, it was still inappropriate, and I
apologize.