[comp.sys.apple] TWGS "upgrade" info needed

S825177@UWEC.BITNET (JEFFREY SORTE) (12/20/89)

Could someone please send me e-mail with info on how to upgrade a TWGS?  I know
that I am getting one for Christmas :-) , and would like to be able to speed it
up ASAP.  Is 10mhz the fastest speed you can obtain without having to adapt a
seperate power supply?  Exactly, what crystals are needed for what speed or
what is the "formula" for figuring this out (I recall something like mhz/4)?

Maybe someone could summarize this info and post it to the net (one more time)
as there seems to be some interest.  Also, I imagine I won't be the only one
getting a TWGS for Christmas!

Have a Happy Holidays everyone!

Jeff Sorte  -  S825177@UWEC.BITNET
%Slipped Bit Error% - Can't find NIFTY.SIG

wilken@plains.UUCP (Scott Wilken) (12/20/89)

In article <891219.13480810.012372@UWEC.CP6> S825177@UWEC.BITNET (JEFFREY SORTE) writes:
>Could someone please send me e-mail with info on how to upgrade a TWGS?  I know
>that I am getting one for Christmas :-) , and would like to be able to speed it
>up ASAP.  Is 10mhz the fastest speed you can obtain without having to adapt a
>seperate power supply?  Exactly, what crystals are needed for what speed or
>what is the "formula" for figuring this out (I recall something like mhz/4)?
>
>Maybe someone could summarize this info and post it to the net (one more time)
>as there seems to be some interest.  Also, I imagine I won't be the only one
>getting a TWGS for Christmas!

Yes!  Please post this info!  I also need it.

Thanks,

Scott W. Wilken

! Internet:  wilken@plains.nodak.edu           America Online:  Wilken        !
! UUCP:      ..!uunet!plains!wilken            GEnie:           S.WILKEN1     !
! BITNET:    WILKEN@PLAINS                                                    !