[comp.sys.apple] COPY and last-modified date/time

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (12/21/89)

brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby) writes:
>[...]
>Does anyone have a patch for the Kermit COPY.SYSTEM, or any copy utility
>(other than Copy II Plus) which preserves the time stamps?

Sure--Davex's 'copy' command preserves the original modification date/time.
I agree that it's very important--otherwise 'update' would be pretty
useless.  ('update' goes through two corresponding subdirectories and
copies only the files that have been modified more recently in the
source than the target.  Very handy.)
--

 --David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
   Apple II Developer Technical Support      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.