[comp.sys.apple] Dissassembling Bit-Maps

S680534@UWEC.BITNET (ROBERT TANNER) (12/18/89)

Is there a way to dissassemble a disk's bit map?  I have been able to look
at it with Block Warden, but I'd like to dissassemble it and generate
labels (like with the ORCA dissassembler).  Thanks.
 _____
||___||  Bob Tanner
|  o  |  BITNET: S680534@UWEC.BITNET
|__O__|  Amiga: Aaarg, Make It Go Away
         I.B.M.: International Brotherhood of Morons

blochowi@rt5.cs.wisc.edu (Jason Blochowiak) (12/21/89)

In article <891217.21252372.011167@UWEC.CP6> S680534@UWEC.BITNET (ROBERT TANNER) writes:
>Is there a way to dissassemble a disk's bit map?  I have been able to look
>at it with Block Warden, but I'd like to dissassemble it and generate
>labels (like with the ORCA dissassembler).  Thanks.

	What exactly do you mean by "dissassemble"? And how would you label it,
anyways? If you're talking about viewing a volume bitmap in something other
than raw hex, I believe one of the new features of Copy ][+ V9.0 is the ability
to look at the bitmap of any size volume (although I think it compresses it
into one screenful).

--
      Jason Blochowiak - blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu or jason@madnix.uucp
       "Education, like neurosis, begins at home." - Milton R. Sapirstein