[comp.sys.apple] Boot Blocks

farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) (12/23/89)

In article <4136@puff.cs.wisc.edu> blochowi@rt5.cs.wisc.edu (Jason Blochowiak) writes:
 [...stuff about not understanding why there would be incompatiblity...]

	The point I am making is that if you depend on the machine booting
	in a specific manner, then there's a reasonable chance that things
	will change later and you will have to revise your software for
	each new change.  What happens when say, a new FST which allows
	booting off of that file system appears?  Are you going to revise
	SB 8/16 again?  There is probably a more elegant solution to
	the problem, perhaps intercepting the boot process at a later
	step common to both P8 and GS/OS.

>--
>      Jason Blochowiak - blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu or jason@madnix.uucp
>       "Education, like neurosis, begins at home." - Milton R. Sapirstein

Cary Farrier

--
| Cary Farrier				| Internet  : farrier@apple.com   |