[comp.sys.apple] APDA and the Apple ][

brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian WILLOUGHBY) (12/25/89)

In article <113300218@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>BTW, I think all of us with IIs and IIGSs should boycott APDA--not because of
>the high prices, but because all they ever seem to have time for anymore is the
>Macintosh.  I know I'm dropping my membership.  Anyone else care to do the
>same?
>
>Scott Alfter                          ! A keyboard--how quaint!             !

Oh great!  So you think that all the Apple ][ developers should go and hide
from APDA in embarrassment, because of lack of support?  And you think this
will help the situation?

Personally, I joined APDA and made sure that I sent in the member survey which
indicates what kind of machine I develop on.  As an Apple ][ Plus owner, I had
to make my own checkbox!  I also made sure that I filled in a response to the
"what product would you like to see APDA carry" question.  Even though there
isn't a decent C compiler for the Plus (I'm rating based on code generation),
I still asked them to carry one.  Let them figure out how to develop it!

Anyone else care to join APDA and let them know what their machine of choice
is!  You don't have to purchase high priced products that are available
elsewhere for less.  Just purchase beta documentation and buy the released
manuals at your favorite bargain bookstore.  This is the kind of boycotting
that APDA will notice and take steps to improve.

You'll get APDA's attention much quicker if you are in their statistics.

Brian Willoughby
UUCP:           ...!{tikal, sun, uunet, elwood}!microsoft!brianw
InterNet:       microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
  or:           microsoft!brianw@Sun.COM
Bitnet          brianw@microsoft.UUCP