[comp.sys.apple] pascal

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (03/22/89)

Dan May writes:

>I have acquired the original disks of a fortran and pascal
>compiler for the apple.  They are produced by apple, and I
>believe they were used on an plus machine.

>When I try to boot these up on my //c a message comes
>up on the screen to insert the next disk and press return.
>When I do this, nothing happens.

>Has anyone gotten the compilers to work on a //c?, or am I
>out of luck.

>                Thanks,
>                        Dan May

The disk sides should be numbered 0,1,2,3.

Dan, have you tried booting from disk 0 and then inserting
disk side 3, I believe that's the way it works?

If you have two 5 1/4 inch drives, place side one in the
first and side 2 in the second.

If what I suggested doesn't work, try reversing the disks.

--
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.

P.S. I help people too.

chiller@pro-hysteria.cts.com (Christine Hiller) (12/30/89)

I am creating a character generator for the apple in apple pascal 1.3.  I need
to know if there is some way that I can compile the programme so that it runs
like any other basic programme would.  Right now, i don't know how to use the
compiler for this purpose.  At this time, I am programming In IBM turbo 5.5,
and have no problems, but I own an apple, not an XT.  Leave me E-Mail on this.

UUCP: {bungia, crash}!orbit!pnet51!pro-hysteria!chiller
ARPA: {bungia, crash}!orbit!pnet51!pro-hysteria!chiller@nosc.mil
INET: chiller@pro-hysteria.cts.com